• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Just wondering if there could be any cause and effect with this situation.

Ever since the Texas legislature passed the approval for folks to carry handguns (loaded or otherwise) in their autos - as long as it's out-of-sight, I'm just wondering if having an NRA window sticker has contributed to car break-ins? I read somewhere, were someone suggested it was like having a big advertising sign that says, "GUN HERE - please break in and steal it". Of course not all cars with an NRA sticker have concealed guns in them... but just sayin'........
    Lynx Defense

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    i dont have any stickers that advertise however, i did get pulled over while flying a dont tread on me gadsden flag and asked where my guns were and why i was flying it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    My sister has one on her car. Two weeks ago she walked up to her car to find the windows down despite the fact she always leaves them up. Upon entering she found her seat moved back and some items ruffled through. Nothing was stolen. The first thing I thought was that they were looking for a gun, but who knows?

Personally I don't advertise affiliation with the NRA, or any other group. I just don't get the point of bumper stickers saying what your beliefs are. No one cares!

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    i dont have any stickers that advertise however, i did get pulled over while flying a dont tread on me gadsden flag and asked where my guns were and why i was flying it.

That's bullshit; cops need PC or RAS to pull someone over. I hope you got his badge number and spoke to IA about it. You have a right to go about your lawful business without an abusive cop getting nosey.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX

That's bullshit; cops need PC or RAS to pull someone over. I hope you got his badge number and spoke to IA about it. You have a right to go about your lawful business without an abusive cop getting nosey.

i try to pick my fights, he let me go so i let it go. yes, at first his attitude was rude with me and he asked to search my vehicle, which i denied access to. but in the end i was let on my way and he changed his attitude midway.

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    I have an NRA sticker on my window. **** it. I drive an F-250 so its a ticking time bomb anyways when it will end up on the border....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    One on the truck, one on the car. Neither has been messed with. Only vehicle I've had messed with (stolen) was BEFORE I had the time to put a sticker on it.

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    Really? Basis w/support doc, please.....

No basis. I just remember growing up when everybody had the huge speaker systems in their cars and proudly pasted their vehicles with all the brands on it. Just begged for low lifes to steal it. Hence, Steal-me-sticker.

No NRA sticker here but I do have a GOT SIG? sticker no break ins yet.

Because most common theifs probably don't get it.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I elected not to put an NRA(or any other sticker) on my truck. However, living in Houston has taught me you damn sure better have a "100 Club" sticker on the back of your vehicle.

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    /\/\ What's that? Have a few friends in Houston and getting cars broken into seems to be a regular thing. Crazy.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No basis. I just remember growing up when everybody had the huge speaker systems in their cars and proudly pasted their vehicles with all the brands on it. Just begged for low lifes to steal it. Hence, Steal-me-sticker.

Sorry - anecdotal evidence such as this isn't really much in the way of "evidence", since many of the thefts w/those systems were done by "friends" that had seen the gear, as well. Would strangers hit 'em? Sure - but I ain't gonna let what "might" happen preclude me from showing my membership/support for the NRA or other gun-rights group.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Sorry - anecdotal evidence such as this isn't really much in the way of "evidence", since many of the thefts w/those systems were done by "friends" that had seen the gear, as well. Would strangers hit 'em? Sure - but I ain't gonna let what "might" happen preclude me from showing my membership/support for the NRA or other gun-rights group.
    Well said.

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    I wasn't trying to put an exact label on it. I guess i should have phrased my post, "We used to call them steal-me-stickers."

And you nor I know if it was done by so called friends. Regardless, advertisement brings attention.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I wasn't trying to put an exact label on it. I guess i should have phrased my post, "We used to call them steal-me-stickers."

And you nor I know if it was done by so called friends. Regardless, advertisement brings attention.

Yeah - but with MY advertisement, they gotta wonder - is it IN the vehicle, or ON him?!??

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    I don't have the mind of a criminal, but my guess is, there is not a lot of wondering going on, more like process of elimination which means your window still gets broken to find out. But I hear ya.

Top Bottom