• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    So I didn't see a thread for this, but the NRA is supporting that additional restrictions be placed on bump-fire type stocks through ATF regulations.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/politics/nra-bump-stocks/index.html

So there is the thought that the NRA is making this statement to avoid legislation and to allow the ATF to make rulings, this way no new gun control laws are passed. See here:
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/politics/nra-bump-stock/index.html

But here is my thought:
    The thought that the NRA made its statement so that the ATF would look at bump fire stocks instead of legislators proposing new legislation, that is stupid. Congress was already going to propose new legislation regardless, but now they can say the NRA is also in support of their gun control bill. Stupid. Anti-gunners are laughing at us now.

What do y'all think?
    Target Sports

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I think the leftwing murderer got a NRA membership out of spite. Now they're in damage control mode.

If I had plans to become a notorious serial killer you better believe I'd be joining all kinds of liberal garbage like the aclu, peta, nambla, antifa, dsa, splc, code pink, etc... before doing heinous deeds.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I was proud to be a member, it sucks to think that I thought they would be the first to come out against it.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I went through this in the mid '80's.
    I hoped a generation later we'd learned something.
    I guess not. I ain't got another generation in me.

AMF

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Meh, I am not jumping ship just yet. The second article in the OP sheds good light on the reasoning behind this (and what I kind of suspected they were doing).

While I hate to see the NRA do this, it makes sense in the long run.

I will keep my membership for the time being.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    22195388_10155121232737297_5311801686096789759_n.jpg

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I was actually thinking of becoming a member to help combat the obviously forseeable renewed push to ban everything possible, and they pull this shit. Guess I'll spend the $20 or however much it is on ammo instead.

They've been selling out on nearly every major issue since 1934. If they fixed the problems they wouldn't be getting rich.

I feel bad for the life members like my dad who can't get their money back. Voting LaPierre out after this is sorry satisfaction.

They stabbed every gun owner in the back (aside from Fudds) with this one.

Funny how, like the rest of the gun grabbers, they don't mention anything about the ammonium nitrate the guy had. He obviously at least considered making bombs, despite their illegality. A slidefire stock can be made even easier. But hey, outlaw them so the criminals can get even more contraband with virtually no consequence while the rest of us get shit on by the government who make us pay for crimes we never commited.

The appropriate response would have been to trade slidefire stocks for repeal of the NFA, GCA, and Hughes Amendment. Getting the Brady Bill axed would be nice, too. I can't say this strongly enough: **** these traitors. Every one of them who voted "Yea" on this is an enemy of free people and a willing pawn(!) of tyranny.

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I consider this guy to probably be the smartest, most intelligent and thoughtful guy in Congress. You guys in South Carolina ought to proud of him; he is top notch! I’d put him in the category of being a ‘statesman’ (not a ‘politician’ like virtually everyone else in Congress).
    Watch the video - particularly towards the end, when he makes his point about creating and implementing new laws:
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...esponds-to-new-calls-for-gun-control-n2390792

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I’m an NRA Life member - I don’t donate to them (ILA) because I’ve seen Wayne LaPierre “cave” in situations like this before. And he’s apparently convinced Chris Cox to also cave in. I don’t read their columns in ‘The American Rifleman’ anymore - they “talk the talk” (but that’s all it is: talk); neither of them “walk the walk”.
    Next month (Nov) when my three year GOA membership expires, I’m thinking I’ll join them with a Lifetime membership. I suspect they’ll put my meager bit of money to better use than the NRA. I’m obviously of the persuasion of “not giving an inch” - that’s just never going to get you anywhere with the ‘antis’. As soon as they get that inch, they’re already looking at the next inch (...or foot, or yard, or mile).

Chris Cox’s salary was over $660K five years ago. Wayne’s was just under a million back in 2012 (now, try over $5M per year):
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/nra-ceo-compensation-jump-4-million-article-1.2968552

I expect more from them.

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Hey, just an opinion here, but please don't abandon the NRA for this. Let's not let this divide us and abandon the NRA. That is exactly what the left wants, and it will weaken out strength in the fight.

I am also angry about some GOP and the NRA being FOR banning these stocks, but we gotta keep cool heads and play the long game. If we play the short and spiteful hand, we will lose in the long run.

God bless.

Top Bottom