Join TexasGunTalk

NRA vs) GOA & USCCA; "Background History"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by leVieux, Jan 20, 2018.

1. leVieux

leVieux Active Member

Mar 28, 2013
    New Orleans
    "DwnRange"

Thank you,

leVieux

2. leVieux

leVieux Active Member

Mar 28, 2013
    New Orleans
    I am certainly not against any of the other real pro-2A outfits; but the FACT is that they don't have the political clout of the NRA, even in their aggregate. In many areas of the USA, politicians fear a bad NRA rating, which could change their next election's result. Every voter knows what "NRA" means. Most don't recognize the others, even "GOA".

But, I felt that NRA's denial of participation by the "Concealed Carry" outfit in their latest NRA convention was a very, very BAD sign. Perhaps this was LaPierre out of control?

leVieux

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Jack Ryan likes this.
  3. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The strength of the NRA is what drew me to them, but I get tired of the politics they want to play. They should stick to the 2nd amendment and not play give and take.

4. leVieux

leVieux Active Member

Mar 28, 2013
    New Orleans
    I agree.

leVieux

5. avvidclif

avvidclif RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    The Bloombergs appreciate you joining the splinter groups instead of the NRA. That's less money for the NRA and weakens their position. As pointed out none of the splinter groups have the clout of the NRA and they have the clout because of MEMBERSHIP. Ever hear of divide and conquer???

I don't always agree with the NRA but they have the loudest voice. I do belong to some of the smaller groups also.

TheMailMan and Jack Ryan like this.
  6. easy rider

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Money is the only way individuals can show their displeasure. I'm not going to support those I feel aren't doing things as they are supposed to be doing.

7. leVieux

leVieux Active Member

Mar 28, 2013
    New Orleans
    Do you not see the danger in this position?
    leVieux

8. easy rider

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    So you think I should just bend over and take it, and give them money. I don't agree how things are run and decided I will not support that. They are the ones being dangerous in my opinion.

9. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan Active Member

There's the difference between a king and a support group.

10. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan Active Member

I don't think joining different 2nd amendment and gun enthusiasts organization harms "the cause" or hurts gun owners. It may not do much to HELP when you join the Mitchell Indiana gun and knife club but it certainly doesn't hurt.

What hurts the ability for gun ownership is the people who really don't know much of anything about government or law making and lobbying or the NRA go out and buy their first gun and come home "an expert". They suddenly thing a century old organization is at their beck and call, they pick up what they think is their personal hot line and are disappointed the NRA doesn't perform tricks on their order.

What hurts the defense efforts by 2nd amendment organizations is when the "splinter groups" with fractions of the membership numbers the NRA has think they are going to just hop out there and out do the big dog making up their lack of bite with a lot of barking. When it doesn't happen they blame the big dog for not running to the puppy's rescue, next thing they are bad mouthing every one but their self. It's the only way they can garner attention. They aren't going to accomplish much, most of the country never heard of them. They can't even scratch the anti gunners, no one in government will give them the time of day, so they attack who they can.

You never hear the NRA complain GOA didn't get this done or that done, well guess what, any thing you are saying the NRA didn't get done, the GOA or no one else got it done either.

Put your knives away until you can reach the people who NEED stabbed.