Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm worn out from yesterday. It kinda sucked.

I've got some plumbing work in progress so the supply to the house is cut off. No big deal. Many years ago, I had a second cutoff valve and spigot installed on the meter side of the house supply cutoff valve. That way, even if the water to the house is turned off I can still safely run a hose outside for emergencies, lawn care,whatever.

An A/C contractor came in and did some work. He needed to flush the condensers outside which is fine. I had connected the hose outside to the spigot before the house supply cutoff before he even got there.

For reasons I can't fathom, the A/C guy didn't just turn the valve on the spigot where the hose was connected. He removed the hose from the spigot where it was attached, moved it to the spigot 18 inches above it, and turned on the water to the house.

One end of the house flooded, including my dedicated gun closet. Damage is extensive.

I expressed my displeasure with the A/C tech in a variety of ways that unmistakably communicated my mood. IOW, I lost my shit. It takes a lot to make me scream, curse, and punch walls but this qualified.

Apparently I scared the A/C guy who just packed up and left without finishing his work.

I spent the rest of the day removing water, trying to dry things that got wet, and tossing out things that couldn't be salvaged.

There's a lot more work to do. I'm not looking forward to it or the insurance and dealing with contractors. It's gonna be a massive headache.

Sorry.

Just wanted to vent.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I'm worn out from yesterday. It kinda sucked.

I've got some plumbing work in progress so the supply to the house is cut off. No big deal. Many years ago, I had a second cutoff valve and spigot installed on the meter side of the house supply cutoff valve. That way, even if the water to the house is turned off I can still safely run a hose outside for emergencies, lawn care,whatever.

An A/C contractor came in and did some work. He needed to flush the condensers outside which is fine. I had connected the hose outside to the spigot before the house supply cutoff before he even got there.

For reasons I can't fathom, the A/C guy didn't just turn the valve on the spigot where the hose was connected. He removed the hose from the spigot where it was attached, moved it to the spigot 18 inches above it, and turned on the water to the house.

One end of the house flooded, including my dedicated gun closet. Damage is extensive.

I expressed my displeasure with the A/C tech in a variety of ways that unmistakably communicated my mood. IOW, I lost my shit. It takes a lot to make me scream, curse, and punch walls but this qualified.

Apparently I scared the A/C guy who just packed up and left without finishing his work.

I spent the rest of the day removing water, trying to dry things that got wet, and tossing out things that couldn't be salvaged.

There's a lot more work to do. I'm not looking forward to it or the insurance and dealing with contractors. It's gonna be a massive headache.

Sorry.

Just wanted to vent.
    Damn, that sucks big time.
    You need to be after HIS insurance, or the poeple he works for.. It was his incompetence.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom