• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    If this is at your actual boat, it sounds like a good time.
    If this is at the restaurant in Kerrville, be pre-warned that they did not have Lone Star last time we were there. You can't really have a "beer club" without the National Beer of Texas.
    It's the restaurant. We've been meeting there for several years on Tues. or Wed. depending on what's going on with the group. We meet under the deck, rain or shine, enjoy a stogie and have a couple of beers (usually doesn't last more than a hour or two). It's been sporadic since the beerflu got here but we're settling back into our routine. We got to calling it the "OFC" (old farts club). Ages vary from the 50s to the 80s.
    (I haven't heard anybody in the group complain about no Lone Star! :green:)

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Overslept to 5:22 so got a late start and had to play catch up to get back on schedule with work stuff.

Baby update: Yesterday was a big day of improvement for him. He was extubated yesterday and went on a high flow cannula, came down off his sedatives and paralytics had a bath and all his dressings changed, had his IV in his neck removed. His chest tube was removed the day prior.

Today he is doing really well, and went down on his high flow cannula from 12 lpm down to 8, he's completely off all sedatives and morphine, only meds he's taking now are diarrhetics to reduce the bloating for fluid retention, Tylenol for pain, and blood pressure medication. He also came off his temporary pace maker last night and has not had any significant arrhythmia last night or this morning. The arrhythmia is an expected side effect of the heart surgery and should hopefully resolve itself with a little time.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Overslept to 5:22 so got a late start and had to play catch up to get back on schedule with work stuff.

Baby update: Yesterday was a big day of improvement for him. He was extubated yesterday and went on a high flow cannula, came down off his sedatives and paralytics had a bath and all his dressings changed, had his IV in his neck removed. His chest tube was removed the day prior.

Today he is doing really well, and went down on his high flow cannula from 12 lpm down to 8, he's completely off all sedatives and morphine, only meds he's taking now are diarrhetics to reduce the bloating for fluid retention, Tylenol for pain, and blood pressure medication. He also came off his temporary pace maker last night and has not had any significant arrhythmia last night or this morning. The arrhythmia is an expected side effect of the heart surgery and should hopefully resolve itself with a little time.

That's great news! Tough little guy!

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country

That's all good news. Very glad to hear it.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I haven't heard anybody in the group complain about no Lone Star!
    Charlie, thanks for filling in the blanks.
    I didn't mean to complain...just inform.
    I do think there should be some local choices, though. I guess next time I will ask for a Shiner Bock and if no joy, I am probably done there. They have great food, but gotta have a beer selection, too.

Top Bottom