• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Might be well known, but have never seen it before ...
    Posted by a friend from Lake Charles who lost everything to floodwaters.
    If you're from the Gulf coast, you'll appreciate the sentiment.

lineman.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Afternoon to Y'all.

Rough night last night. Even coffee ain't going to help. My acid reflux went into overdrive last night and kept waking me up. And my sinus allergies weren't helping matters either. My butt is dragging right now.

Early this morning it rained for a little bit, and must have brought some cool weather with it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Afternoon to Y'all.

Rough night last night. Even coffee ain't going to help. My acid reflux went into overdrive last night and kept waking me up. And my sinus allergies weren't helping matters either. My butt is dragging right now.

Early this morning it rained for a little bit, and must have brought some cool weather with it.

Damn dude, I have been there, it sucks!
    I wish they'd bring Zantac back!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Damn dude, I have been there, it sucks!

I have been suffering with acid reflux for over twenty five years now. And sometimes, even the medications can't control it. I just have to suffer through it.

I knew the weather was fixing to change a couple of days ago, when my allergies started acting up! That and my old bones were bothering me too!

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Afternoon to Y'all.

I've definitely had nights like that. Sounds like it time for some pepcid, zyrtec d and a nap

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have been suffering with acid reflux for over twenty five years now. And sometimes, even the medications can't control it. I just have to suffer through it.

I knew the weather was fixing to change a couple of days ago, when my allergies started acting up! That and my old bones were bothering me too!

I never had never experienced heartburn in my life.
    One day I thought I might having a heart attack, so my GF called the dr.
    I described my symptoms to the nurse and she said go straight to the ER.
    After about 2 hours, they decided it was severe heartburn.
    I was embarrassed, and they said it happens quite often.
    Been on medication ever since.

Evidently all the meds I started a few years prior screwed my stomach up.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I never had never experienced heartburn in my life.
    One day I thought I might having a heart attack, so my GF called the dr.
    I described my symptoms to the nurse and she said go straight to the ER.
    After about 2 hours, they decided it was severe heartburn.
    I was embarrassed, and they said it happens quite often.
    Been on medication ever since.

Evidently all the meds I started a few years prior screwed my stomach up.

All the pain meds I had to take, and eating ibuprophen like candy for years destroyed my stomach. I take acetemephine now because it's much better for your stomach.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Unfortunately the prescrip meds ain't cutting it today! I'm using my old-fashioned remedy of baking soda in a glass of water. It seems to be giving me some relief.
    That must taste absolutely terrible. Pepcid AC usually does the trick if my prilosec fails me.

My stomach got messed up from endlessly eating ibuprofen for sinus headaches. Had polyps all through my sinuses, trapping fluid. It had completely filled up my face, making it noticably lopsided. Had to have two surgeries to get it fixed. Still have sinus problems even now though. Pain was so excrutiating from the fluid pressure I'd probably have done just about anything to make it stop. Had to deal with that for a little over a year.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Come in an email today. Spoke to me:

Drafting Guys Over 70.

I am over 80 and the Armed Forces thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thing ass-backwards.

Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 55.

For starters, researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a month, leaving us more than 280,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. 'My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry.' We are bad-tempered and impatient, and maybe letting us kill some asshole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 am. Old guys always get up early to pee, so what the hell. Besides, like I said, I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-bitch.

If captured, we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however. I've been in combat and never saw a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training.

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down those terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see is a couple million pissed off old farts with bad attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them.

HEY!! How about recruiting Women over 50... in menopause!!! You think MEN have attitudes?? Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my God!!! If nothing else, put them on border patrol. They'll have it secured the first night!

Send this to all of your senior friends... it's in big type so they can read it.

-
    Is that type big enough for you "advanced types"?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Currently I'm using Prilosec OTC, and for the most part, it does pretty good. Just occasionally, even it doesn't work. Last night was just one of those nights. I'll be alright in a day or two. As long as I'm up moving around the acid reflux isn't too bad. It's when I lay down that it really goes into overdrive.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Currently I'm using Prilosec OTC, and for the most part, it does pretty good. Just occasionally, even it doesn't work. Last night was just one of those nights. I'll be alright in a day or two. As long as I'm up moving around the acid reflux isn't too bad. It's when I lay down that it really goes into overdrive.

I've been taking prescription prilosec for years.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom