• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    A good morning to all. Slept about 2 or 3 hours at most last night in spurts. Oh well, there is coffee that I made around 0500 this morning along with some flavored oatmeal for a breakfast of go juice and mush. Fed the dog, then took her for a really early walk being we are usually up between 7 & 730, when she wakes me up. The walk was shorter than I would have liked, maybe a mile and a half. Perfect dog walking weather, nice and cool and was longing for these days but not longing for the sudden onset of terrible pain in the rt hip. Slowly getting better over the course of about 5 weeks but still pretty painful and today I had to keep the walk fairly short. Going to the dog park later where Skye can run around with the other pooches and at least she can get her exercise. Then a few short, 1/2 mile to 3/4 of a mile walks the rest of the day as the hip allows and maybe one more trip to the dog park in the evening with a final very short walk.1/4 mile or so at most, before bed.

Thank goodness for Tramadol and Alleve or Aspirin. I alternate on the two over the counter meds. I try not to take the Tramadol unless pain is coming on and then keep it to a minimum. I do wish my doc would give me some 'real' pain medication though, the Tramadol is barely enough to take a bit of the edge off sometimes. Oxycodone (I think that was it) was what I took when had throat cancer (I also took a cough syrup with codeine in it - a pretty high dose too as it sometimes worked better than the oxycodone and combined with it stopped all or at least almost all of the pain). Anyway, oxcodone or codeine work much better and allow me to sleep; the Tramadol sometimes keeps me relaxed but awake most of the night (like last night) if not virtually all night. As for the oxycodone at the height of the pain from radiation therapy, I routinely was taking up to 25 per day and one or two days, I believe I took around 50 of them and a couple or few shots of the codeine syrup a day. As my oncologist said back then, there was absolutely no reason for me to be suffering from pain and I am grateful to him for that philosophy. Not hard to kick either. Then again, I do not think I became addicted but followed their protocol, regardless, for weaning myself off of them over a 2 week period. I think, with all the pain medications we have today, there is no reason for anyone to be suffering from severe pain that is preventable by use of those medicines for as long as they are effective.

Need more coffee, later for you.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Momma and kids already playing in it

127701.jpeg
    127700.jpeg
    127698.jpeg

Top Bottom