05322ef020b088a62d149e523f715d49.jpg

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Morning earthlings. Breathing a big sigh of relief today as my job is secure.

Any sense that it was in jeopardy must have indeed been nerve wracking... Reminds me to stay humble and grateful for my job. Thanks.

Glad you got the positive assurance you were looking good! Good on you for asserting your value.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Afternoon Y'all! It's a Whiskey Wednesday, and it's cold, dreary and raining outside, which almost makes it a perfect day for some good whiskey!

Well, I finally got a good eight hours of sleep after almost sixty hours of caffeine induced sleep deprivation! But I have my first pot of coffee going!

120373538_1373601092984473_8122786203715789730_o.png

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Trust me, sleep is over-rated. I'll get all I need after they plant me in the ground!
    Seems like I never get a perfect amount of sleep. 3 hours, 6 hours, 9 hours whatever... I'm tired when I wake. Kind of odd when I think about it, actually. Might be mental tiredness mistaken as physical...?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Seems like I never get a perfect amount of sleep. 3 hours, 6 hours, 9 hours whatever... I'm tired when I wake. Kind of odd when I think about it, actually. Might be mental tiredness mistaken as physical...?

What I learned from one of my doctors many years ago, kind of threw out the old belief of needing and getting eight hours of sleep.

He essentially said quality of your sleep was way more important than the quantity in hours slept. He also said we are individuals and live different lifestyles and have very different metabolisms requiring different amounts of sleep to recharge our batteries.

So just because you sleep, doesn't necessarily mean you are getting the rest your body needs. I learned a long time ago how to use "power naps" to my advantage and used them a lot years ago when working every long shifts.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    . He also said we are individuals and live different lifestyles and have very different metabolisms requiring different amounts of sleep to recharge our batteries.
    Ahh, he met my wife. She loves to sleep. I can function pretty well with limited sleep - for a while. Then Zombie land.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Ahh, he met my wife. She loves to sleep. I can function pretty well with limited sleep - for a while. Then Zombie land.

My wife might be related to her then!

Many times in the past, Not getting sleep was a result of the jobs and work I was doing. Many times, even when off the job, I was still on call and had to be available to go at any time.

Top Bottom