Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Trick or treaters are definitely on the light side this year.
    Same here. We only had about 46 real trick or treaters, that is, young 'uns. Then there were about a dozen teenagers in two groups making a late run. I invited them up onto the porch, gave 'em candy, and they told me about how they used to look forward to coming to my house back when they were kids. Of course, there were also a few kids who made two trips and I gave a stack to a neighbor.

Overall, I'm left with 32 bars out of my original 100. They're packed into the truck along with the receipt and I'll be returning them to Walmart tomorrow.

It was a decent year, I suppose, but volume was way down.

Final notes -
    • The most popular costume was built around a plague doctor mask. It was perfect for 2020.
    • Not a single kid or adult was wearing modern PPE. The wu flu didn't cause anybody to take extra precautions, at least that I could tell.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Morning Y'all.....again.

Couldn't go back to sleep, so I decided to just stay up. Got a pot of coffee going.

Probably as usual, I'll stay screwed up on the time change for about a week while getting adjusted to it.

Going to try and burn some more brush piles today. Wind didn't cooperate yesterday at all. We got the wood going pretty good with the propane burner, but what little wind we had yesterday, was coming out of the east instead the west, so it wasn't helping to keep the fire going as strong as needed. About all that burned was what we moved with the bucket on the tractor.

Top Bottom