Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You need those big blowers to dry it fast enough to avoid as much damage as possible. Also some warm air as well.
    Last time I had to do this, the remediation company also used some sort of super-dehumidifier (a big ol' thing) that sat on the carpet and pulled in the air at floor level. I was shocked at the amount of water that continued to drip out of that machine via a hose they routed into a sink, even after three days. They left all that equipment running for 4 days before the probe they used to check for moisture showed that the carpet and underlayment were dry enough to stop.

The example above was from a fairly small room and was paid for by the insurance company of the plumber who screwed up some work and, the day after they finished a job for me, one of their pipe fittings failed and dumped a moderate amount of water into a wall. I can't imagine what's required to fix an entire water heater's worth of moisture being dumped into the carpet of my house but it's clearly a hell of a lot more than I am capable of doing on my own.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Happy Friday. Then I realized it's Saturday lol. I'm on vacation till next Thursday.
    hwG4wXO.jpg

Top Bottom