• ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Those people you know. The guy has to talk over everyone at the table. She laughs extra loud at every stupid thing. If you haven't seen them in a while they were sitting near us at brunch today. Fucking people.

At least the rain has stopped and I'm chilling on the patio with a vodak.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Ohhh shit. Got an old dog who is real sick. Just lost her "sister" a few months back the same age. Hoping we dont lose her too. Will be 13 years old, had her since she was a puppy. Too old and manly to spend the day crying again.
    Thankfully she's alot better. She's eating a bit, chasing her ball but obviously is in pain. Im pretty sure its hips shoulders and elbows from the storm. No bad teeth, no fever, no distended abdomen. She had ovarian cancer they found when she had a blockage a few years ago but her gums are bright red so no obvious signs of cancer without blood test or xrays. I'm gonna listen to her heart and lungs to check for heart worms or obvious issues but I think it's just old bones and pain.

A vet visit will probably be in order if she doesn't continue to get better so heres hoping.

She's old and we know it's coming but she loves chasing the ball so much I told t j e wife I hope her heart quits mid run racing the other dogs for the ball.

If we could all be so lucky

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Thankfully she's alot better. She's eating a bit, chasing her ball but obviously is in pain. Im pretty sure its hips shoulders and elbows from the storm. No bad teeth, no fever, no distended abdomen. She had ovarian cancer they found when she had a blockage a few years ago but her gums are bright red so no obvious signs of cancer without blood test or xrays. I'm gonna listen to her heart and lungs to check for heart worms or obvious issues but I think it's just old bones and pain.

A vet visit will probably be in order if she doesn't continue to get better so heres hoping.

She's old and we know it's coming but she loves chasing the ball so much I told t j e wife I hope her heart quits mid run racing the other dogs for the ball.

If we could all be so lucky
    Our 12 yo boy dog has some growth near his trachea. Been there for a while now. When he gets excited he coughs. The cough sounds more restrictive recently. GF is going to take him to the vet this week. I'm assuming it will be something we have do at the vet when the time comes. But for now he's a happy A-hole

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Our 12 yo boy dog has some growth near his trachea. Been there for a while now. When he gets excited he coughs. The cough sounds more restrictive recently. GF is going to take him to the vet this week. I'm assuming it will be something we have do at the vet when the time comes. But for now he's a happy A-hole

There are vets who will come to you when then time comes. We did that with our dog this past summer. She went in the comfort of her home and that was everything for her, she had anxiety anxiety anytime she had to go to the vet.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

It gets hard when they get old.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm a coward when it comes to that. It's hard enough to be the "one" who has to decide cause no one else can do it.

A few years ago when this dog was sick and I had to decide to put her down or spend 3 grand to try and save her everyone left. I decided to spend the money and she's still here.

The dog who died a few months ago, while the decision was obvious, no one wanted to say yes so I decided and said my goodbyes and left. Finding them dead is hard but not as hard as sitting there while they pass.

My 19 year old daughter stayed with the last one and said she'll never do that again. The kids grew up with those dogs, 12 and now 13 years with them.

It gets harder than with many people.

Over the rainbow bridge indeed.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have made the decision several times, and it's hard to make that decision. Even knowing you're doing the right thing for the animal so they don't suffer any more, doesn't ease the burden of making that decision or make it any easier.

And I'm the one that it's left up to make that decision in out house.

Patience0830

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2020
    FreeStateuv IN
    Yo misfits
    What a beautiful day.

I put down 3 pallets of sod yesterday on the back yard. Thanks @KJQ6945 for coming over to EZ's Backyard Crossfit & lending a hand :weights:

I'll also throw in some props on his deck building skills from last week. Thanks for your help my brutha.

View attachment 256515

View attachment 256516
    Transplanted Hoosier making friends and influencing people.

Top Bottom