• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I totally understand. Until prices on lumber drops back to a reasonable level, I got some projects on hold as well.

The wood was about $3200 for both, then concrete, concrete form tubes & screws I've got about 4k in them. Yesterday we mixed up about 1600 lbs of concrete. Each post has about 180lbs of concrete × 9 post.
    Target Sports

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I bought the lumber for both decks at the same time...knowing prices would go up.
    It just took me a month to get to the back deck...lol. They're both the same size... 12'x16' with 6x6 post, doubled up 2x10 beams, with 2x8 joist & 2x6 for the deck boards.
    I wish I would have had that foresight when I built the first deck, which is now part of the whole deck. The first, although 8'x8', cost about half the cost of second part, although 10'x10'.

I took quite awhile figuring out if I wanted two separate decks or combining the two.

The challenge was that the front door was a couple of feet higher than the back door, so I had to get creative in planning how to incorporate the two decks together.

The only help I had was in moving the base onto the deck blocks, so I had to do a lot of measuring and remeasuring as well as making sure everything was leveled.

Your decks are coming along very nicely BTW!

Last edited:

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Funny you say that... i told the wife if a tornado hits, the house will be gone & the decks will still be there. I've had the mentality of... buy once cry once about the last 8yrs. Not to mention wood prices will be higher if i have to rebuild & my ass is getting older. I don't want to have to rebuild them when im 60...lol

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I wish I would have had that foresight when I built the first deck, which is now part of the whole deck. The first, although 8'x8', cost about half the cost of second part, although 10'x10'.

I took quite awhile figuring out if I wanted two separate decks or combining the two

The challenge was that the front door was a couple of feet higher than the back door, so I had to get creative in planning how to incorporate the two decks together.

The only help I had was in moving the base onto the deck blocks, so I had to do a lot of measuring and remeasuring as well as making sure everything was leveled.

Your decks are coming along very nicely BTW!

The last pics i seen of yours, they looked pretty nice.
    I still need to build ramps on mine, i just have the fiberglass/wood stairs that came with the house on it. The dogs are getting older, gma is getting older & we have friends that are in wheelchairs ... not to mention I'm not getting any younger.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The last pics i seen of yours, they looked pretty nice.
    I still need to build ramps on mine, i just have the fiberglass/wood stairs that came with the house on it. The dogs are getting older, gma is getting older & we have friends that are in wheelchairs ... not to mention I'm not getting any younger.
    As you saw, I'm just a kid. :p

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Are you a carpenter? Cuz it looks that way. Nice

Thank ya.
    No sir, just learned from other projects I've done & have had some friends teach me a thing or 2 over the years. I used to be a commercial diver & have always been able to turn a wrench so building stuff comes natural for me. Although having a office job for 20yrs has made me soft working in the heat...lol. But working around the new property the last year has toughened me up ...lol.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I hear ya
    Brought my contractor buddy down to .”help” with my bathroom remodels they work and I am step and fetch
    146CE416-5459-4C16-AAA5-477C2F60D136.jpeg
    146CE416-5459-4C16-AAA5-477C2F60D136.jpeg
    91EAB0B9-9E42-4168-96D8-F73332C54985.jpeg

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Deck looks bad ass EZ, sorry I couldn’t be there to help out.

Ohhh... i saved some for ya.

View attachment 261535
    Another trash panda down....

They are relentless, egg stealing bastards.

I just popped one at the back feeder. He spun about 4 times & then crawled off in the woods. Its like they go tell all their friends once they find a good place to loot.

Top Bottom