• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Seems like suicide by mod to me.

Attachments

• e966a7da1dae221568caf3051ffba9f7.jpg
      e966a7da1dae221568caf3051ffba9f7.jpg
      212.4 KB · Views: 58

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Not me. I would view banning someone who was going out of their way to shit on my thread to be a conflict of interest and/or just being petty. One of the other mods did it and I'm grateful to him. If he wants to take the credit or talk about the ban, that's up to him.

I will say that I had given T...45 a lot of rope in the past with short term bans for things that, in retrospect, should have gotten a permaban. I think he got the impression he could continue to be an ass without risking any more than a one-week ban. I consider his bad behavior something I allowed to fester and, therefore, I am partially to blame for.

To the mod that finally dropped the hammer, I've already told you privately and I want to be public about this - You cleaned up a mess I should have fixed a long time ago and you can't know how much I appreciate that
    Professional as always. You’re a good dude.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Professional as always. You’re a good dude.

I agree. In the case of that particular member, and given how Ben handled it with being very diplomatic in allowing him to voice his opinions about that subject, and he pretty much kept disrespecting him in that thread, I don't think anyone would have thought less of Ben, had he banned Tx45. I wouldn't have.

But as always, Ben took the higher moral ground.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Morning.

Noise at my hotel woke me up and I know once I've had 5 hours, I'm not getting back to sleep. So now I'm sitting at the counter at Waffle House. The usual 3am folks are here... :)

ETA: Fascinating little slice of Americana, here.

Two semi-drunk couples are at the first booth, coming out of their alcohol haze, talking too loud but clearly sobering up.

As I enter, I see the pimp in a booth lock his eyes on my open carry. I sit at the counter and the pimp with his two employees behind me to my right are suddenly rather quiet. After a couple of minutes, they hustle out. Best looking "employees" I've seen in a wee-hours Waffle House since I can't remember when.

A tradesman enters and sits at the counter, two to my right. From the splatter on his pants I'd say he's a painter. He orders coffee. After a while, he tells the waiter he just came in for the coffee but now he wants breakfast and orders the whole nine yards. Later when I'm leaving I notice his truck is really generic in the way it's kitted out and no signs on the doors. Yeah, probably a painter.

The drunk couples leave without me noticing.

Another pimp comes in with his two ladies in tow. They're high and non-stop talking, much to his irritation. Unlike the previous two, these are definitely "low end" workers. He keeps shushing them, to no avail. He insists on ordering for them and goes back and forth between the two and the register, making the order, re-making it, shushing the girls, changing the order, yelling changes in the order to the cook, shushing the girls who just keep talking like he's not there except to continually make changes to their orders.

One of the girls can't stop harping on the promise he's made to take her to the strip club next Monday for her birthday. She repeats it over and over. Between him shushing her and her making changes to how she wants her eggs, she must've asked him for assurance that they're going to the strip club next Monday for her birthday 10 times, minimum.

He pays for the to-go order and leaves, muttering something about not being able to stand his companions voices. He sternly warns them to bring out the food when it's brought to the counter. What else were they going to do?

Their food comes. The girls talk to the counter guy because they can't figure out if their pimp had paid for the food. He had. He did it right in front of them while they were jabbering. The counter guy assures them the food is paid for. He has to repeat it several times before they take the food and leave.

The last thing I hear as they exit the door is "I hope he remembers to take me to the strip club next Monday cuz you know it's my birthday."

Yep.

The usual 3am folks at the Waffle House. It's nice to know some things don't change.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom