Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Morning.

Fig preserves,...

I have a jar of fig preserves put up by my maternal grandmother circa 1965. That and one picture are the last mementos of her I possess; I will keep them forever.

If I ever give away those preserves, you'll know that I know I'm not long for this world. :)

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Crap tastic morning to y’all. Barely got out from the rain washing the road out.

i have a customer who will tell me they will not move a trailer for repair. Hear from my vendor they got the part and can get it done. I’m all sweet let’s get this trailer fixed. That’s on me for not checking gps and trusted the customer would stop screwing around and moving the trailer without telling their own office. They agreed last week to not touch the damn thing, put it out of service, and let my tech go get her done. Nooooooooo. This customer is like a 6 year old that ate too much sugar.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I wouldn't be afraid to eat them but I never liked figs. I keep them to remember her in her element - making food for her loved ones.
    Ben, I can still recall those canning sessions of my grandmother and her sisters! Like a huge hen party!

My Aunt Bonnie would make me some spicy chow chow because she and I were the only ones that liked it spicy. It's hard to find some really good spicy chow chow anymore.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Morning.

I have a jar of fig preserves put up by my maternal grandmother circa 1965. That and one picture are the last mementos of her I possess; I will keep them forever.

If I ever give away those preserves, you'll know that I know I'm not long for this world. :)

Fig preserves and blackberry jelly.
    Figs off the tree by grandparent's kitchen (the one that had the pitcher pump inside ... tall cotton, 70+ years ago in S Louisiana).
    Blackberries I picked along Hwy 190 ROW, 3 miles West of Eunice, back when it was two lane from end to end.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    The wife dug some dewberries out of the freezer, that we picked earlier this year to make a pie and some kolaches. Last year she made jam and in one of the bottle's for me she added Jalapeno juice to give it a little kick. Man was that some good jam.

Top Bottom