Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    My father told me back when I was in my 40's,...
    It seems to happen a lot when you hit your 40s. Your parents figure out that you really are an adult and they start telling you things you wish they'd told you long, long ago.

Approximate quotes from my mom, delivered to me sometime in my 40s -
    • "When you were 16, your dad and I agreed we'd both never seen a young man who more desperately needed to get laid."
    • "No, son, dad lied to you. He actually did have to kill some people in WWII."
    • "I remember when you had been on your first real job for about 5 years and I realized you weren't going to quit or crash. Up till then, I didn't think you had it in you."
    All of those are things I really, really wish I'd known 20 or 30 years earlier.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It seems to happen a lot when you hit your 40s. Your parents figure out that you really are an adult and they start telling you things you wish they'd told you long, long ago.

Approximate quotes from my mom, delivered to me sometime in my 40s -
    • "When you were 16, your dad and I agreed we'd both never seen a young man who more desperately needed to get laid."
    • "No, son, dad lied to you. He actually did have to kill some people in WWII."
    • "I remember when you had been on your first real job for about 5 years and I realized you weren't going to quit or crash. Up till then, I didn't think you had it in you."
    All of those are things I really, really wish I'd known 20 or 30 years earlier.
    Ben, I look back at my years between the ages of 16 to 22, I'm surprised I'm still alive and not in prison! 16 to 18, I was going high school and working two jobs, living on my own. 19 to 22, were my wild hellion days! At about 22, I started wising up and settling down a bit and started concentrating on more important things.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    My father told me back when I was in my 40's, he was genuinely surprised I made it past the age of 20 and that he hadn't had to bury his eldest son.

He said he figured the fast cars, the girls, the alcohol and rock and roll were going to be the end of me!
    He had high expectations. I was not expected to live to my teen years. Let alone past them. I have the scars and xrays to prove it. My son, the bull rider, shakes his head at the stories of the things I did for fun.
    I'm almost 65.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom