• Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    How'd it go?
    Update on the car accident.

We stopped off at the hospital first thing and she got X-rays and an MRI of her neck and back. Wife has another appointment next week to review them, and go from there. Of course that's a separate issue from the car.

Then we stopped by the body shop and reviewed the damage estimate with them. Long story short, the car is totaled. Current market value of the car undamaged, is about $6400, and the estimate came to a little over $8300.

Now after that we stopped by our insurance agent and reviewed the situation over with them. If we need t and we can't get their insurance company to resolve this, our's is willing to step and take of the claim, then file their own claim against the other insurance company for us. Even though the car is a total loss at this point.

Now it also gets interesting! Manager at the body shop tells us that their insurance adjuster called them this morning, and wanted to pick her car up, and take it to the insurance salvage pool over in Lufkin and the driver would have our settlement check and the paperwork of us to sign to release ownership of the car. Manager informed him, he didn't have permission from the owner of the vehicle to release it!

Our insurance agent has repeatedly also tried to get in contact with the adjuster, and claims from the other company with about the same results as we have had.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Update on the car accident.

We stopped off at the hospital first thing and she got X-rays and an MRI of her neck and back. Wife has another appointment next week to review them, and go from there. Of course that's a separate issue from the car.

Then we stopped by the body shop and reviewed the damage estimate with them. Long story short, the car is totaled. Current market value of the car undamaged, is about $6400, and the estimate came to a little over $8300.

Now after that we stopped by our insurance agent and reviewed the situation over with them. If we need t and we can't get their insurance company to resolve this, our's is willing to step and take of the claim, then file their own claim against the other insurance company for us. Even though the car is a total loss at this point.

Now it also gets interesting! Manager at the body shop tells us that their insurance adjuster called them this morning, and wanted to pick her car up, and take it to the insurance salvage pool over in Lufkin and the driver would have our settlement check and the paperwork of us to sign to release ownership of the car. Manager informed him, he didn't have permission from the owner of the vehicle to release it!

Our insurance agent has repeatedly also tried to get in contact with the adjuster, and claims from the other company with about the same results as we have had.
    Yeah that sounds fishy to me!!

Texas_Lone_Ranger

Frontier Battalion
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2020
    Up Yonder'
    Coffee is done, Crock Pot is brewing up some Roast and Veges.

It's been one Year since my Mom passed and it is what she* would be doing.

It's for me Mah.

Added* I can hear her now asking why I am not at the Range shooting some paper, she would be bragging how she could out shoot me (which she could).

Attachments

• IMG_20211203_155231.jpg
      IMG_20211203_155231.jpg
      652.4 KB · Views: 35
    Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Leftists are ruining everything. I'm waiting for a flight in San Antonio that is delayed. Probably gonna miss my connector at DFW. and the Mexican restaurant at SA airport is out of chips.

Let's Go Brandon!
    No chips? Burn the phucker down in protest.
    ETA I hate airports and delays. Little prisons.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom