• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Having less problems. I can’t find a dodge 5.9 in my price range right now. Or a lbz/lmm 6.6 duramax. Terrible market to need another rig but I think I’m going to settle on a 2012 Silverado with a 4.8 it’s cheap to upkeep and rebuild. Doesn’t have all the detrimental trash new engines have. I almost got that 07 f150 but glad it didn’t work out. I was terrified of owning a 5.4 3valve.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Having less problems. I can’t find a dodge 5.9 in my price range right now. Or a lbz/lmm 6.6 duramax. Terrible market to need another rig but I think I’m going to settle on a 2012 Silverado with a 4.8 it’s cheap to upkeep and rebuild. Doesn’t have all the detrimental trash new engines have. I almost got that 07 f150 but glad it didn’t work out. I was terrified of owning a 5.4 3valve.
    As a owner of a 06 Dodge pickup with the 5.9 Cummins they really aren't that great. The only highlight is the engine. I only have 118k miles and I'm really disappointed with the overall quality of the truck. When I got it it had 48k miles back in 2012.

My old 1996 F-250 and 99 F-350 to me were built a lot better. The Powerstroke was reliable but just didn't have the guts like a Cummins. None are perfect and I don't expect them to be.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    when I got to my job site this morning at 6:15 it was 26 with a wind chill of 13. All work would have been outside. I called my subs and told them I was shutting down and will reopen the site in the morning. I left around 9, got home around 10. Drank a couple of cups of coffee, then took a 2 hour nap.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    As a owner of a 06 Dodge pickup with the 5.9 Cummins they really aren't that great. The only highlight is the engine. I only have 118k miles and I'm really disappointed with the overall quality of the truck. When I got it it had 48k miles back in 2012.

My old 1996 F-250 and 99 F-350 to me were built a lot better. The Powerstroke was reliable but just didn't have the guts like a Cummins. None are perfect and I don't expect them to be.
    Yup. I have been told you’re just buying a 5.9 engine. The problem with used rigs is I’m picky. I don’t like a rig to have a lot of owners. I like a maintenance record and certain service done especially on higher mileage rigs.

I’d love to find a lbz 6.6 in good condition but good luck with that.

Found a 4.8 I’ll go look at and view the service history. Says it will come with a cpo warranty. Got my diesel Colorado lightly used and my experience with Chevy customer service has been very good.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The ice cream man just went down the street.

Something's phuckey

Screenshot_20220120-152406_FOX 4 WAPP.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Is that even a real z28? Too many "reportedly" in the description for me to toss that kinda cash.
    From what little I read, it's been authenticated as being genuine. But there are lots of "replicas" and "clones" on the market. And a lot of shady sellers selling them as the genuine article. Lots of folks have been scammed big tine on "replicas" that were not the real deal.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    From what little I read, it's been authenticated as being genuine. But there are lots of "replicas" and "clones" on the market. And a lot of shady sellers selling them as the genuine article. Lots of folks have been scammed big tine on "replicas" that were not the real deal.
    Ya if I was gonna dump that kind of cash into a car it would be some sort of restomod I could drive. Probably an mid 80s K5 blazer all done up nice. All new drive train and running gear. And drive the hell out of it.

Late 60s early 70 chevys are nice but they are paperweights at that price. You cant enjoy them unless your uber rich.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Ya if I was gonna dump that kind of cash into a car it would be some sort of restomod I could drive. Probably an mid 80s K5 blazer all done up nice. All new drive train and running gear. And drive the hell out of it.

Late 60s early 70 chevys are nice but they are paperweights at that price. You cant enjoy them unless your uber rich.
    You'd drive the shit out of a blazer you spent $100k on?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

I suspect that many of the buyers are buying them as investment property, hoping at some time in the future, they can sell and make a profit on them.

The restomod scene is booming big time, in several different directions. A lot of big name builders are and have been involved in those as well.

Top Bottom