1653575757966.png

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    To those of you having difficulty sleeping:

Have you thought about a sleep study? I was surprised to learn that my Afib and A-fllutter were both likely caused by severe sleep apnea. I rarely slept but struggled to stay awake during the afternoons at work.

After my second cardiac ablation, I had a sleep study done at the recommendation of my cardiologist. Within an hour they had woken me up and were fitting me with a CPAP machine. Now, I can't sleep without it or I wake up every 45 minutes to an hour.

As explained to me, sleep apnea can cause stress to the heart and lungs, since, essentially, you are not breathing for 30 to 45 seconds at a time (or more).

Just a thought. Between my herbal sleep aid (melatonin, rose hips, chamomile, etc) my CPAP, and a little nip of gin, I sleep like a baby for 8 hrs!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    To those of you having difficulty sleeping:

Have you thought about a sleep study? I was surprised to learn that my Afib and A-fllutter were both likely caused by severe sleep apnea. I rarely slept but struggled to stay awake during the afternoons at work.

After my second cardiac ablation, I had a sleep study done at the recommendation of my cardiologist. Within an hour they had woken me up and were fitting me with a CPAP machine. Now, I can't sleep without it or I wake up every 45 minutes to an hour.

As explained to me, sleep apnea can cause stress to the heart and lungs, since, essentially, you are not breathing for 30 to 45 seconds at a time (or more).

Just a thought. Between my herbal sleep aid (melatonin, rose hips, chamomile, etc) my CPAP, and a little nip of gin, I sleep like a baby for 8 hrs!
    Been there, done that, wore my CPAP then BIPAP for about 18 months, then quit using it.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Been there, done that, wore my CPAP then BIPAP for about 18 months, then quit using it.
    Why did you quit using it? I rarely take a nap during the day, but I can't nap at all unless I have the CPAP. Within 5 minutes of laying down I've already woken myself up snoring and gasping for air.

The power adapter for my CPAP died and I had to sleep without it for two nights about a year ago. It was horrible and I didn't get any sleep at all.
    I suppose we are all different. My brother-in-law has the same problem I do, but can't stand to wear the mask. So he doesn't use it at all.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Why did you quit using it? I rarely take a nap during the day, but I can't nap at all unless I have the CPAP. Within 5 minutes of laying down I've already woken myself up snoring and gasping for air.

The power adapter for my CPAP died and I had to sleep without it for two nights about a year ago. It was horrible and I didn't get any sleep at all.
    I suppose we are all different. My brother-in-law has the same problem I do, but can't stand to wear the mask. So he doesn't use it at all.

I sleep on my stomach, so used nasal pillows.
    I also had to run a strap around my head to keep my mouth shut.
    Having to get up to pee was always a hassle.

Didn't notice any difference in sleep.

Top Bottom