• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Whatever got you is most likely still in there. Some of the swelling could be puss caused by
    whatever is still in your hand. I've had this happen several times during my construction career.
    I would get a needle, knife point or anything sharp and cut,slice or poke a hole in it
    This would drain out the puss and most of the time, the foreign object.

if nothing works and you can't shoot anymore.
    I get first dubs on your guns. :cool:

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Maybe but I doubt it. I would expect those to be even worse. This morning it's just a dime-sized area of mild reddish discoloration with a pronounced lump in the middle. I'm back to wondering if I missed a small splinter that's still in there.

Watching. Waiting. And continuing to be amazed that a tiny ouchy in my widdle palm has gotten so much attention. :)
    I had a very similar issue with my hand when I was in Alaska fishing. I put an old style razor blade under a torch till it was red hot. Then picked it up with a pair of needlenose pliars and put about a 1/4” deep slit across the lumpy area, then sucked it with a vacuum cleaner hose attachment for about 10 seconds. We poured some Mile High on it and I bandaged it up with gauze and Ace bandage. In a few days it started to close and heal. Turned out great. We never did look in the vacuum cleaner so not sure what all we captured besides the blood. You might give that a shot. I hope you get better soon.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I put an old style razor blade under a torch till it was red hot. Then picked it up with a pair of needlenose pliars and put about a 1/4” deep slit across the lumpy area,
    I sincerely doubt I'll do anything like that but if I do, I'll be happy I keep plenty of scalpels on hand.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm going to guess some of the splinter is probably still in your hand, hence the swelling. Puncture wounds can be bery difficult. They usually seal up to some degree after the wound happens and there is bery little bleeding, which means it possibly didn't flush the foreign material out along with potential toxins or contaminates. The hard swollen part is probably an infection. It needs to be lanced and flushed out with peroxide or alcohol.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Had my first full meal in 10 days tonight. Still hurt but that and a hamburger last night should get my energey back up. I've had nothing but rice and water since the surgery. A couple days I didnt eat at all.

Got 6000+ steps in today out and about so I think I will restart walking tomorrow.

It's been a shitty week. This thing really kicked my ass energey and general feeling crappy wise. A couple days I didnt even get out of bed. I hadn't been that bad off since right after my last fusion.

Onwards and upwards.

Might rain tuesday and wed so....

native-american-rain-dance.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994