• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Lowes phucked us over on the water heater! Went to the store to talk to the store manager, to schedule a pick up and delivery of the defective unit and replacement. She informed us that the old unit would have to be returned before a credit could be issued for a replacement. Which meant that we wouldn't be able to get a replacement deilvered until Thursday of next week!

So guess how I'm spending my Saturday afternoon and evening? Yep! Taking out a defective wather heater and fixxing to replace it again!

Lowes Customer Service sucks!

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Lowes phucked us over on the water heater! Went to the store to talk to the store manager, to schedule a pick up and delivery of the defective unit and replacement. She informed us that the old unit would have to be returned before a credit could be issued for a replacement. Which meant that we wouldn't be able to get a replacement deilvered until Thursday of next week!

So guess how I'm spending my Saturday afternoon and evening? Yep! Taking out a defective wather heater and fixxing to replace it again!

Dang it!

I'm tellin' ya! We need a good 12 Gauge Enema Day!

Some cretins really need BOTH BARRELS! Dry! (right up their dick scarred wazoo!) :rocket:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

As long as you got hose water you’ll be ok. Perfect time to be without a water heater. Swim trunks and a bar of soap.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area

That's why I don't buy from Lowes. Had issues with them years ago and never went back.

I buy from Home Depot and have never had any issues returning items with them

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    That's why I don't buy from Lowes. Had issues with them years ago and never went back.

I but from Home Depot and have never had any issues returning items with them
    I prefer Home Depot as well, but the closest one is over in Tyler, so that's about 75 miles away for us.

Replacement is installed and seems to be working. Already making warm water. I turned the thermostats up to 140 degrees instead of the safety lawyer setting of 120 degrees!

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I prefer Home Depot as well, but the closest one is over in Tyler, so that's about 75 miles away for us.

Replacement is installed and seems to be working. Already making warm water. I turned the thermostats up to 140 degrees instead of the safety lawyer setting of 120 degrees!

Just keep an eye on it. At least until you go to bed.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Dang it!

I'm tellin' ya! We need a good 12 Gauge Enema Day!

Some cretins really need BOTH BARRELS! Dry! (right up their dick scarred wazoo!) :rocket:
    Almost thought we were going to need bail money for the wife! She got pretty hot and was cussing a blue streak as we left Lowes to go get a truck to haul the defective one back and get a replacement installed tonight.

Greenzilla80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    Hutto

There's a guy I follow on TikTok (Twin Home Experts) that's touched on these box store water heaters a little bit. He's always talking about the brands like Rheem which you would expect to be good, not being good because you're getting a cheaply made model from Lowes/Home Depot. He recommends going with Bradford Wright water heaters. They may be worth looking into. If you're on TikTok, he's definitely a good follow to learn things for general home maintenance/repair.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    There's a guy I follow on TikTok (Twin Home Experts) that's touched on these box store water heaters a little bit. He's always talking about the brands like Rheem which you would expect to be good, not being good because you're getting a cheaply made model from Lowes/Home Depot. He recommends going with Bradford Wright water heaters. They may be worth looking into. If you're on TikTok, he's definitely a good follow to learn things for general home maintenance/repair.
    I don't do TikTok, and I do all my own home repairs ib my own dime. The water heater that was installed when the house was built, was an A O Smith, and we got eight years out of it. when it started leaking, I replaced it with a 50 gallon A O Smith water heater and got almost ten years out of it. It has been replaced with another 40 gallon A O Smith water heater. With my maintanance plan, I should not have to replace again until 2032!.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Going for the liquid pain killers tonight!

Beam.jpeg

Top Bottom