• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I've lived in the same house for 30+ years. The house across the street from me is being re-roofed this morning.

It's had 2 owners over the last 30 years. This makes the 7th or 8th time it's been re-roofed.

Isn't that a slightly higher than average rate of whole-house shingle replacement than is considered normal?

Just wondering. It's none of my business, of course, but I am curious.
    My roofs have lasted between 12-15 years between shingle replacement. Sounds like a mysterious money trail to me.
    Capitol Armory ad

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Good Morning Texicans. Off to the hospital for hernia repair surgery, finally. This thing has ben a pain for over 2 months waiting on tests and getting an open date for the surgeon to fix it. At least I know in a few weeks all will be well. On the plus side I wont be able to lift anything over 10 lbs nor bend over. So I get off trash duty for few weeks.
    Good luck and hope you get to feeling great again soon.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Same builder as yours?
    Fly by night roofers, or owners just not liking the color??
    Same builder but the situation is more nuanced.

The house in question was the only one in the subdivision with a flat roof. We're in the middle of a thousand mature pines. That roof collected literally tons of pine needles that wore it out prematurely. The first owners got so tired of roof problems, they sold out and left.

The new owners fixed the roof once, then again, then decided the flat roof had to go. They hired a couple of fly-by-night idiots to build a sloped cap to go over the entire roof. They didn't remove the flat, tarred roof. They just covered it with a shingled umbrella and the tarred flat roof became an inaccessible space where an attic should be.

I can imagine a world of problems that would create so I'm not really surprised to see them doing a bunch of work. Again.

I kinda feel sorry for them, to tell the truth.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    The house in question was the only one in the subdivision with a flat roof.
    Nuff said.

Against all advice, my parents built (and poorly at that) part of their ranch house with a flat roof (upstairs outdoor patio over the Master bedroom).

Didn't even last 15 years before a constant battle with leaks.

Settling their estates recently, I solved the problem ... demo'd the entire house.

Got a much better price to boot.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    MGood Morning Texicans. Off to the hospital for hernia repair surgery, finally. This thing has ben a pain for over 2 months waiting on tests and getting an open date for the surgeon to fix it. At least I know in a few weeks all will be well. On the plus side I wont be able to lift anything over 10 lbs nor bend over. So I get off trash duty for few weeks.

Good luck and good outcome.

Prayers sent.

Apologies.
    I thought my synapses were firing again. I meant to send this hours ago.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    thanks everyone. this a a really kool thread. I try to go back enough pages to greet everyone but mostly get to 3 before another thread catches my interest. I don't even get uppity over reposts much anymore. gonna go hunt some funny stuff for ya'll. be well

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Get at it. Were on a deadline to get to 500000 posts by Jan 07 2032. Times a ticking. At last check we need to avarage about 80 posts a day, give or take, in the thread to get there in time.

Personally I think we can do it by 2031 but hay, what's a year between whores.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    Good Morning Texicans. Off to the hospital for hernia repair surgery, finally. This thing has ben a pain for over 2 months waiting on tests and getting an open date for the surgeon to fix it. At least I know in a few weeks all will be well. On the plus side I wont be able to lift anything over 10 lbs nor bend over. So I get off trash duty for few weeks.
    4C7F3B46-FBBC-4EAA-BA07-01262D68F0C8.gif

crystalphoto

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2022
    Bethune, South Carolina
    Get at it. Were on a deadline to get to 500000 posts by Jan 07 2032. Times a ticking. At last check we need to avarage about 80 posts a day, give or take, in the thread to get there in time.

Personally I think we can do it by 2031 but hay, what's a year between whores.

We get some new members wanting to sell stuff, it shouldn't be an issue to make it well before hand... :popcorn:

Top Bottom