• ...and so much more!
  • SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Alright, which one of y'all won this? Robert G. from Little Elm. @candcallen, this dude is your neighbor. So close, buddy!!
    4a5eb0bac2b132e9749f35410afaa3dc.jpg

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Since fuel costs are rising, would it be a good idea for me to buy a horse?

I'm moving to Bangalore for a new job and I'll have to get a vehicle. Motorcycles are unsafe, so I'll have to get a car. But cars obviously have very low mileage and I'll be spending a lot of money on petrol. I was rewatching Game Of Thrones at my dealer's house and I realized how none of the scenes feature any of the Starks stopping when they ride throughout the North and it then clicked for me that it was because horses can live off grass all day.

**Pros**

* Saves tons of money on petrol
    * Can feed it easily because I'm vegetarian
    * If it doesn't like human veg food I can feed it grass by riding it to nearby parks (my dealer told me Bangalore has many parks)
    * Better road presence than any motorcycle, so less chance of accidents
    * Will look pretty cool on Instagram
    * No need to buy milk if I get a female horse, so I'll save money there too
    * No need to get an Uber if drunk

**Cons**

* Difficult to convince landlords to keep my horse in the two-wheeler parking space (I'll be renting)
    * I'll have to hire a maid to clean and rinse it everyday (my dealer also told me that Bangalore has a lot of dust)
    * Riding on highways may be a problem since the top speed of horses is lower than the top speed of the average motorcycle. But traffic moves slow in Bangalore anyways so I won't have this problem a lot
    * Coworkers may think I'm weird intially when they see me walking into the office with a rope and saddle over my formal clothes
    * Management may think it's unprofessional for me to tie my horse to the front gate of the office campus

Your thoughts?

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Since fuel costs are rising, would it be a good idea for me to buy a horse?

I'm moving to Bangalore for a new job and I'll have to get a vehicle. Motorcycles are unsafe, so I'll have to get a car. But cars obviously have very low mileage and I'll be spending a lot of money on petrol. I was rewatching Game Of Thrones at my dealer's house and I realized how none of the scenes feature any of the Starks stopping when they ride throughout the North and it then clicked for me that it was because horses can live off grass all day.

**Pros**

* Saves tons of money on petrol
    * Can feed it easily because I'm vegetarian
    * If it doesn't like human veg food I can feed it grass by riding it to nearby parks (my dealer told me Bangalore has many parks)
    * Better road presence than any motorcycle, so less chance of accidents
    * Will look pretty cool on Instagram
    * No need to buy milk if I get a female horse, so I'll save money there too
    * No need to get an Uber if drunk

**Cons**

* Difficult to convince landlords to keep my horse in the two-wheeler parking space (I'll be renting)
    * I'll have to hire a maid to clean and rinse it everyday (my dealer also told me that Bangalore has a lot of dust)
    * Riding on highways may be a problem since the top speed of horses is lower than the top speed of the average motorcycle. But traffic moves slow in Bangalore anyways so I won't have this problem a lot
    * Coworkers may think I'm weird intially when they see me walking into the office with a rope and saddle over my formal clothes
    * Management may think it's unprofessional for me to tie my horse to the front gate of the office campus

Your thoughts?

Maybe a cow would be a better choice. for many reasons, in Bangalore. :)

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Still trying to figure out how to Fabricate a drain tray for the water heater to sit in in case/when it leaks. Something like heavy gauge paper that’s waterproof, think of a Chinese takeout container.
    It's called Coroplast, readily available at sign shops or cheaper at plastics retailers. Wouldn't a vinyl liner be better?

ETA: coroplast is not "heavy gauge paper". I should learn to read more gooder :(

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom