• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What Day for the meet & greet

• Weekdays after work 6:30pm then go shoot

Votes: 3 23.1%
    • Sunday Breakfast 10am then go shoot

Votes: 6 46.2%
    • Saturday Breakfast 10am then go shoot.

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Trying to get an idea of what days works best for most of us weekdays after work or weekends.
    It was mentioned last night that the get togethers used to happen on a Sunday morning for breakfast. I think that's a good suggestion but just wanted to get the voice of the crowd. If the vote goes to weekdays we will do another poll to pick what day.
    Vote away!
    Guns International

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I'm not sure how many Saturdays or Sundays I'd generally be able to make so I voted for a weeknight.

We can also look at organizing another get together at a different time and location too. There's no saying we have to have just one. People can make the one that works best for them. Houston is a big city or so I've been told. ;)

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    May I ask why you didn't include a "Saturday" option?

I figured most of us that have kids have something going on, on a Saturday.
    Personally, it would be somewhat hard for me to make a Saturday. Both my girls are in softball & we have double headers seems like every Saturday. Which really sucks because its messing up my spring fishing. It sux to have a boat in storage just sitting there ...lol.

I will add Saturday to the poll.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    We can also maybe try to mix it up. We could alternate weekday & weekends.
    Maybe do one a month & it rotates weekday, weekend every month.
    Maybe odd months Weekdays, Even months weekends.
    Just thinking out load trying to keep the schedule easy to keep up with.

Also if someone wants to take the lead & start a get together for their area that is cool too. Houston is big & traffic sux, its hard to come from one side of town to the other for a meet & i understand that.
    I'm sure those that can make the drive will & the others will try to catch one of the get togethers when it works for them.

Flashcb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Magnolia, TX
    I voted for Sunday, as long as it ain't the third one. Depending on where I end up working, weekday nights might be doable too.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I can make it anytime. However, I will note that the choice of a day of the week should take into account the availability of shooting facilities. The last get-together was at an almost-full range and that was at a very slack time. If we set this for weekends, then we're likely to be dealing with crowded ranges and wait times. If that happens, the ability to all be on the range at the same time, sharing equipment, will be compromised. And that whole attitude of "Hey, anybody can come to my lane and shoot any of my stuff" is something I tremendously enjoy. I learned a lot from the two pistols Moonpie let me borrow, for example.

With that in mind, I wouldn't mind showing up every Monday and Thursday at whatever time the range opens in the morning, shoot, then go to lunch. After all, isn't everybody retired and completely flexible on scheduling? :)

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    When we got to the range I got put on the other side & no one was there but me for a little bit. I was thinking next time we could make sure to tell them we are a group.
    Also if your a premium member you can reserve a lane. And if several of us have the premium membership we can bring a guest for free. If your a veteran its $30 a month vs $40. For me being a veteran it's not a bad deal as long as I go twice a month. Heck if you go to Hot Wells with 4 guns its $10per gun. The other indoor range on Mushke is $16 a person...no gun limit. So to get the membership it's a pretty good deal.

Last edited:

blueangel64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Spring
    When we got to the range I got put on the other side & no one was there but me for a little bit. I was thinking next time we could make sure to tell them we are a group.
    Also if your a premium member you can reserve a lane. And if several of us have the premium membership we can bring a guest for free. If your a veteran its $30 a month vs $40. For me being a veteran it's not a bad deal as long as I go twice a month. Heck if you go to Hot Wells with 4 guns its $10per gun. The other indoor range on Mushke is $16 a person...no gun limit. So to get the membership it's a pretty good deal.
    What do I need to show them for veteran rate? DD-214??

Top Bottom