• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Mayor Bloomberg is right when he says not everyone should be allowed to have guns, but he's got the approach all backwards. Start with NYPD, not NY citizenry.

I hope this starts a complete rebuild of the firearm training given to NYPD. These guys act like they learned everything they need to know about guns by watching action movies.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    This is what happens when the citizenry is disarmed and conditioned to believe that weapons are taboo. The people are the police.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I wouldnt want to be a cop in a city as crowded as NYC and have to drop a shooter in public.

Would have to work harder on your shooting skills (though I'm sure you work 10x harder than anybody in NYPD on yours, so "you" isn't really aimed at you personally) and be willing to hold that shot until you know you can make it.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Would have to work harder on your shooting skills (though I'm sure you work 10x harder than anybody in NYPD on yours, so "you" isn't really aimed at you personally) and be willing to hold that shot until you know you can make it.

Agreed. But I feel both for the victim and for the department line officers who are never offered any REAL training and have to protect one of the nations largest cities.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

thack1963

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    My question here, Why would the Cop that fired the shot have his damn finger on the trigger with no target. I have had my wife to the range maybe 4 times now, she is just learning, but she DAMN sure knows that rule.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Sounds like a wonderful place NOT to FUCKING live.

^^^Exactly.

Negligence on the part of the mayor if you ask me. If he quit dicking around w/ programs like limiting sodas he might have enough cash to properly train his police. You have the constant terrorism threat and masses of people. Those guys need to be getting a ton of training to be effective in that environment.

That being said, if you're a LEO up there you ought to take it on yourself to do some training on your own if the city isn't providing it. You don't need to unload a mag into someone before reassessing a situation to see what you hit.

If they were more pro gun there might be more trainers that actually served the NYC area.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    People of New York; welcome to your new police state. You created it with your votes. Now own it.

Thats my clinical opinion.

OWN IT, you bunch of dumbasses. You voted for that idiot. Enjoy getting shot, you bunch of,"Sex in the City", stunt doubles...

How long can so many people sleep? Mindless drones.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Prosecutors probe shooting of store clerk by NY police - CNN.com

Seems there's more to this story. The officer pinned the guy to the ground prior to shooting him and it's all caught on video. I'm all for supporting police officers in a time like this but it's looking more and more like this particular officers actions crossed the thin blue line into criminality.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    hard to tell when the gun goes off.

I wouldn't say completely damning, but it doesn't look good either.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    My question here, Why would the Cop that fired the shot have his damn finger on the trigger with no target. I have had my wife to the range maybe 4 times now, she is just learning, but she DAMN sure knows that rule.

No training. In CA I found out the police culture had a way of thinking that "whenever it's out, the finger is on the trigger." When called on it, they fall back to the tired old "if you haven't been there, you don't know!!!"

Top Bottom