• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Where do you find rubber o-rings small enough to go under the grips screws on a 1911?

I like the ultra thin grips on mine but one of them seems to have some wiggle in the hole I'm hoping to band-aid that for the meanwhile until I eventually decide on a new pair of grips.
    Lynx Defense

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    Are you saying that the grip screw cannot be tightened down enough to secure the grip panel? Or is it that the bushing screw is loose and can't be tightened down because of a stripped thread?

If it's the grip screw, you might check with Brownells and see if they have a different grip screw that would work.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Grip screws and bushings are good (new). I just replaced them to go to slim grips and secured bushings with blue Loctite.

There is a little movement at the bottom of the grip back and forth. I need to look at it further (I haven't stripped it down yet for its bath from range day).

I don't tighten them down too much.

Edit: have the gun here. Bushings are set and the screws are threading all the way. Looking at the grip holes themselves, it looks like the ledge in the hole is so thin that there is very little material for the screw head to hold onto. It comes with the thin grip territory though. I think if I can reduce as much movement as possible it will keep that ledge from beating chewed off bit by bit with any movement. The grips are wood.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Go to Lowe's or Home Depot.
    Go to the plumbing section and they will have a drawer / bin full of all sizes.
    You may be able to find a thin Teflon or brass washer that will do the trick.
    Just a thought!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Go to Lowe's or Home Depot.
    Go to the plumbing section and they will have a drawer / bin full of all sizes.
    You may be able to find a thin Teflon or brass washer that will do the trick.
    Just a thought!

Oh yea, they should have what I'm looking for!

I should buy stock in HD now. After buying the house it seems we can't not spend money there every week

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Oh yea, they should have what I'm looking for!

I should buy stock in HD now. After buying the house it seems we can't not spend money there every week
    Yeah I know that feeling!
    With my new office going in at home, I'm in there almost every day and never spend less than $50.00.
    I sure will be glad to get finished!
    I am planning on having all the sheet rock hung by tomorrow night, then tape and bed and get it painted.
    I'm going to use sand texture so that goes on with the paint.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I used 1911 thin grip screws(hex head) on my Kahr MK9 and placed a star washer (Lowes) under each screw worked great.

Top Bottom