• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

For hunting, I'd sooner have a TOP-grade Ithaca Featherweight Model 37 than ANY double.
    (I'm not trying to impress anyone.)
    My 1st cousin was willed our uncle Josh's post WWll "Presidential Grade" 37 (He special-ordered it from Ithaca.) in 16 gauge & money won't buy it.
    (I don't blame him a bit, as it swings SMOOTH & is "as new". =My cousin may be near worthless in some ways BUT he does take care of his guns/dogs. - His pair of liver-spotted GS pointers are GREAT, too.)

yours, satx
    Guns International

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Try one of these, I have a buddy with one in 28 ga. He loves it for quail. The price point is good. These are made in Turkey and are usually a knockoff of a famous brand. I had one that was a auto, worked just like a benelli but way less $$. Shoots just fine.

1597410949402.png

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    I realize you want only an O/U gun, I own 3 O/U guns but my dove guns are a 20 ga BPS and an old 12 ga Remington 1100. I found that I prefer the pump or auto over the O/U guns for dove hunting. They hold 3 shells and are a lot easier to load in a hunting situation. I like the O/U guns better for skeet, trap, sporting.
    My 2 cents, your mileage may vary.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    To All,

For hunting, I'd sooner have a TOP-grade Ithaca Featherweight Model 37 than ANY double.
    (I'm not trying to impress anyone.)
    My 1st cousin was willed our uncle Josh's post WWll "Presidential Grade" 37 (He special-ordered it from Ithaca.) in 16 gauge & money won't buy it.
    (I don't blame him a bit, as it swings SMOOTH & is "as new". =My cousin may be near worthless in some ways BUT he does take care of his guns/dogs. - His pair of liver-spotted GS pointers are GREAT, too.)

yours, satx

Like this? Not quite as old as I am, but it’s seen a ton of action over the last 3+ decades.
    a25decda86d729bf9812469fcc851e37.jpg

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Try one of these, I have a buddy with one in 28 ga. He loves it for quail. The price point is good. These are made in Turkey and are usually a knockoff of a famous brand. I had one that was a auto, worked just like a benelli but way less $$. Shoots just fine.

View attachment 223759
    This is exactly what I bought. Used in like new condition. $300. In March I think. Also bought a well used older Remington 870 Wingmaster for $200. I also have a Remington 870 police model I bought from a Georgetown cop some years ago, along with cases of buckshot and slug ammo.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I’m thinking about adding an O/U for birds...dove primarily. I’ve shot 12ga pumps forever and day now.

My desire is a 20ga field gun that’s not going to break the bank, but will be enjoyable to shoot. Interchangeable chokes is a plus. No other actions is desirable.

What do the scattergun guys say?

We bought my daughter a Franchi Instinct I 20 gauge 28 in barrel for 800.00 used in gunbroker. You can find some used models there.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Todd, you might also check out the Stoeger Condor O/U shotguns. They are made by E.R. Amartino in Brazil. Imported by Stoeger. I have a 12 ga. that I have had at least 16 or 17 years now. Pretty solid shotgun. For casual shooting, and hunting they are great shotguns for the price. Probably not the best choice if you plan on shooting competitively!

https://www.stoegerindustries.com/condor-field-shotgun

My daughter started out with the youth Condor 20 gauge O/U when she was training competitively and still managed to win 5th place in one of her competitions.

SnowKat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2020
    Humble
    I was in Brileys in Houston this afternoon picking up some choke tubes, DAM they have some FINE shotguns. Some good prices on “pre owned” ones. Several caught my eye so I might be back in a week or to.

Top Bottom