• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Under the new definition you can now get PTSD from hearing stories of traumatic events that might cause the person who lived through it to be diagnosed.

Yeah, and as a kid I was given Ritalin to try "correcting" me. It was off-label at the time, and I definitely wasn't and still am not someone with a short attention span.

I was bored because I learned faster than my peers. So because the educational system (which is very lacking in the "education" part) sucked ass, 11 year old me got pumped full of amphetamines. 26 years later, I have no way of finding out who the asshole who wrote that prescription was, or reprisal might be on the menu...

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    That's not what that actually says. It says that repeated exposure to aversive events can be one qualifying criteria, but others must be present as well and doesn't go so far as to indicate stories would qualify, but doesn't disqualify them, either.

Indirectly, by learning that a close relative or close friend was exposed to trauma. If the event involved actual or threatened death, it must have been violent or accidental.
    You find out your sister is raped, you meet this requirement. Your brother dies in a horrible car crash and you get told about it, you meet this requirement.
    Repeated or extreme indirect exposure to aversive details of the event(s), usually in the course of professional duties (e.g., first responders, collecting body parts; professionals repeatedly exposed to details of child abuse). This does not include indirect non-professional exposure through electronic media, television, movies, or pictures.
    You treat a patient that has PTSD and they tell you their stories (repeated indirect exposure). You have friends that were in the military and they tell you about war (repeated indirect exposure). You work for CPS and you have to listen to kids talk about daddy touching them in their no no spots (even listed as a prime example).

We had a long discussion over this in my Psyc class because the prof had actually seen this used to get people diagnosed with PTSD.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Basically they just want to make it so hard to "qualify" to own a weapon that no one meets their "criteria".......so no one gets to own a weapon...to hell with all them bastards.

Edit: The Constitution gives me my rights and "qualifies" me......thats all I need.......period. a;; other ideas and notions can burn in hell.

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

Indirectly, by learning that a close relative or close friend was exposed to trauma. If the event involved actual or threatened death, it must have been violent or accidental.
    You find out your sister is raped, you meet this requirement. Your brother dies in a horrible car crash and you get told about it, you meet this requirement.

Which is one of more than four that must be met for a diagnosis. This alone does not meet diagnostic criteria for PTSD.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Just out of curiosity, are these new EO's actually being implemented yet? Or are they just "proposals"? I read over some of the medical info they are planning to give to the NICS bg check system and some of it is EXTREMELY vague. I mean really, I can think of hundreds and/or thousands of people that this could possibly affect. Are there now new criteria for legal gun ownership cause last time I checked it was that you are not a convicted felon, member of a gang, on drugs, and had not been adjudicated mentally defective (BY A JUDGE).

Has that changed simply cause King Barack Hussein waved a magic wand? I haven't been keeping up with the gun control BS much lately but this is what it sounds like to me.

So does this mean people may be denied a sale due to a flag in a BG check? Or that people who have a CHL who at one time in their life told their Dr. they felt "depressed" are gonna be getting letters of revocation in the mail?

At what point does this become a state's rights issue?

I'm asking for a legitimate explanation, not anyone's opinion about Obama or the government. Believe me, they are not exactly all that high on my Christmas list for next year either.

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Where is the list of medications that disqualify a person from owning a firearm? My bad. That will be their next step I'm sure. Silly me!

s3779m

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    So if the doctors can not release any information, just what is this nut-job going to accomplish? I guess since he is lacking in ethics he must feel the doctors are too.

Top Bottom