• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hobie Dog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    San Marcos, Texas
    I tried watching TV this weekend. Even the HGTV channels were talking about this crap. "What will Michelle (aka: Jackie O II) wear for the big event, for example. The music channels are focused on the celebrities. After the campaign he is reaching across the isle. 1 registered republican celebrity out of 100. Garth Brooks??? Wow, am I tired of this garbage already. Shouldn't this clown have to prove that he can do something other than lobby for the most corrupt city in America (next to D.C.) before we put every medal in the book on him? They are already talking about a new holiday after MLK day. He is already talking about rewriting the "Declaration of Independence". My prediction is this is just to break us in gently to the idea of rewriting the "Constitution".

I've been wrong before but not on anything of importance. Guess we will have to watch.
    Texas SOT

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    It won't end soon enough... after I got used to the idea that he got elected it turned into me ranting about how the inauguration wouldn't happen soon enough so I could stop hearing all this propaganda.

I yearn for his first political screw up, then people could stop looking at him like he is some sort of messiah.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I'm tired of the inaugural crap too, especially since it's costing so friggen much, but it's the first one in while that is someone not already in office or someone very familiar. But I can't say I ever paid very close attention to that part anyway.

And if you look at it, like the fact that HBO has exclusive rights to the concert footage, since this time around is so different, the media is taking every advantage to exploit it. There's a lot of money being made off of it.

Oh and for the paranoid, and a chuckle, Obama has already had a replacement statue for the Lincoln Memorial made. It's the secret reason for the festivities being held there yesterday. It's of Malcom X and it will be renamed as well. Later in the year he'll seize all of our cash assets and redistribute to those who don't want to work as well as issue our serial numbers.

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    It won't end soon enough... after I got used to the idea that he got elected it turned into me ranting about how the inauguration wouldn't happen soon enough so I could stop hearing all this propaganda.

I yearn for his first political screw up, then people could stop looking at him like he is some sort of messiah.

But he can't do anything wrong and the media wouldn't let that happen. You saw how quickly things were hushed up about BHO's involvement with old Blago.

How quickly did the media turn Kenn Starr into the villain with all of the Clinton escapades?

When BHO starts screwing around on his wife, the only news outlet to report it will be ESPN and that will just be to reinforce his street cred.

So for the inauguration do I drink a fine single malt 15 year, or a quart of malt liquor? Decisions, decisions...

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Did anyone see the interview on Greta Live with Newt Gengrich? They talked a bit about the Office and its importance rather than the person taking the office (especially in regards to power). It's pretty subtle but I found it oddly comforting and offering a hint of patience on my part.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I guess I was referring to the high quality of Schlitz malt liquor. Sorry for the confusion.

DSC01680.jpg

May I offer you a cold one, David?

AnArmyofRon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Granbury
    Drudge report now has the cost of this circus at 170 million, with no public outcry. Bush's 40 million inauguration was treated as though he spent one trillion.
    Obama exhaustion. I've got it too.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I've got a good friend who voted for him and even she's sick of it all. She told me she's done research on him and regrets voting for him.:banghead: I laid into her for doing the research AFTER she voted.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    Agreed, on several of your points. Tired of the hoopla. Tired of the coronation hype. Tired of the media devotionals...

Our soon to be new leader could announce the formalized re-distribtion of income, restriction of half a dozen of our fundamental rights and the establishment of the Caliphate of Chicago, while mentioning that he actually came into the world in a very nice hospital in Mombasa...

and the news media would focus on where Bush moved to, if Cheney would be indited for War Crimes and what designer Michelle had to re-do the White House...

Jeff B.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    No mas!!!

I live for the day I don't hear BHO's name mentioned once on radio or TV.
    Tomorrow I'm going to put on every item of clothing I own with NRA on it and wear it everywhere I go. I will not be watching the crowning of the liberal king tomorrow.
    I wonder if HBO will change their name to BHO?

January 20th, 2009 the begining of a new error!:banghead:

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I turned on the TV to them asking if Obamas dog will be able to handle the term due to what breed it is..........I feel the life drian out of me every time I see something that has to do with him!!!:banghead:

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX

Oh they will just tie it back to the Bush administration and blow it off as the golden boy could not have doen that!!! Or, as I hope it will go, the media will turn on him and start picking on every little thing. That is usually what they do. They will get you to the top and be right there to tear you back down. However, it is cool to be an Obama follower right now, so option 1 is what I am thinking will happen.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Well now it begins, today BHO's 1st act to secure the country and make the economy better is to close down Gitmo (in a year) and freeze his staff's raises. Hope and change is on the way!

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Closing down Gitmo was a given, the fact that it's going to take a year isn't going to sit well with some of the people whom voted for him and don't understand logistics. BTW McCain said he would close down Gitmo as well.

Top Bottom