• Status
    Not open for further replies.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    'Building bridges': Obama courts Muslims - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

I guess he hasn't noticed how that has worked out in Europe.

President Barack Obama said on Tuesday that Washington's effort to reach out to the Muslim world was earnest and would help improve U.S. security.
    Standing next to Indonesia's President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono at a joint news conference in Jakarta, Obama said he has worked hard to repair frayed relations with the Muslim community.

When do they work on it from their end?
    Gun Zone Deals

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Gee, I guess everyone is forgetting his predecessor did the same thing...

President Bush: Quotes on Islam

By the way, I have several friends--all of which are currently serving in the US military--who are Muslims; which is why I take offense to the constant attacks on their religion on this forum.

If the same was being said against Christianity, what do you think your response would be?

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I have several friends-who are Muslims
    YEAH so do many of us here lil buddy!! and BOTH my Muslim friends DO NOT get offended at my remarks AND agree with most of my comments/jokes!!!!!!!
    If the same was being said against Christianity, what do you think your response would be?
    UM NEWSFLASH big guy, Christians didnt BLOW UP our country and CONTINUE to try and do so to this day!!!! you're killing me Smalls!!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    YEAH so do many of us here lil buddy!! and BOTH my Muslim friends DO NOT get offended at my remarks AND agree with most of my comments/jokes!!!!!!!

Really, this is how you treat your friends? Do they make similar jokes about your Christian beliefs? If so, how do you take it?

UM NEWSFLASH big guy, Christians didnt BLOW UP our country and CONTINUE to try and do so to this day!!!! you're killing me Smalls!!

No shit, sunshine, I was on active duty when the 9/11 attacks occurred and have been to Afghanistan twice since then.

By the way, a NEWSFLASH for you; it was that it was terrorists who attacked our country that day, not all Muslims. I hope you understand the distinction between the two...

Oh, and we don't even want to address all the atrocities committed in the name of Christianity throughout history if you want to continue that tactic!

Don't breed ignorance, it does no one any good.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Do they make similar jokes about your Christian beliefs? If so, how do you take it?
    I take it as a joke and NOT like my panties are in a wad!!!

By the way, a NEWSFLASH for you; it was that it was terrorists who attacked our country that day, not all Muslims. I hope you understand the distinction between the two...
    I do understand that BUT ALSO understand it was MUSLIM TERRORISTS!!!!!

Oh, and we don't even want to address all the atrocities committed in the name of Christianity throughout history if you want to continue that tactic!
    YEAH the "Crusades" were real big in my life time.... I concern myself with current day activities in OUR country!!

Ignorance??? was it not "MUSLIMS" that ATTACKED US my lil friend???????????????YEAH Muslim Terrorists!!

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!

...By the way, a NEWSFLASH for you; it was that it was terrorists who attacked our country that day, not all Muslims. I hope you understand the distinction between the two...

please take your own advise...

Muslims took FULL responsibility for the attacks on 9/11 as well as for attacks before and since.

You have some friends that profess to be Muslims, then you need to ask yourself, and THEM, a question. How could they follow a THEOCRACY (Islam is NOT a religion, it is a THEOCRACY, a complete system of government) and still call themselves American.

Either THEY don't fully subscribe to their own professed believe system or they are fully following it, which allows them to lie to you and every one around them in order to further the stated mission and purpose of the Theocracy.

If you would like to talk about what has been done in then name of Christianity vs in the name of Allah, sure...give me your best example of Christian aggression that involved "Christians" who were TRULY following the teachings of Christianity that involves unprovoked sneak attacks resulting in the murder of innocent people simply because they did not have the same religious believe. Also give me your best example of Islam reaching out to help other in the name of Allah.

Then we have something to discuss and not just the blanket statement about Christianity that seems to be thrown out each time these discussions start.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom