• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    My wife brought this home the other day from her medical office. I found it on the web, I found it interesting.

requirement_flowchart_2.gif

recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    so if I read this right.... the punishment for not buying insurance(really health finance, insurance is for rare catastrophes) is never high enough to encourage its purchase?

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    box one really bugs me.. so if I say i'm against health insurance, no fine. If you're here illegally, even though you can get free health care because we cant deny you treatment, there is no fine?! if you don't work because you're lazy and get a check from the Gov, No fine! yupp makes complete Freaking since if you ask me.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Theres so much wrong with this law its not even funny. Have you seen the stack of paper that is Obamacare? Theres a reason why any state with a brain didnt sign on for the exchange before Obamacare laws were even completed. I really hope that the states can shut this down at our level.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    So I know the part about children up to 26 can stay on their parents plan (which sounds ridiculous to me), but is the parent penalized if they do not keep them on their plan until they are 26?

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    You should be running your taxes where you dont get anything back or claim the max on your W4 so you just pay at the end of the year. Screw a bunch of free loans for the gubberment.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'm going to dig deeper into this because I've "heard" that if you don't have health coverage, the Infernal Revenue Squad (IRS) will take the amount of the penalty out of your tax refund. I'm definitely interested in finding out whether or not that is true.

That's what I was figuring they would do.

You should be running your taxes where you dont get anything back or claim the max on your W4 so you just pay at the end of the year. Screw a bunch of free loans for the gubberment.

Some of us get a credit for children, so even if you set it up so you owe or just pay enough, we would still be receiving money from them. Now the question would be if that credit would be reduced by the amount of the penalty for not having insurance. :confused:

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    To me it doesnt matter how you slice it theyre going to get their money regardless. If you dont pay theyll simply garnish your wages. Ive got children too so I know about the child credit, I simply try to make it where I break even so I'm not giving uncle Sam a free loan all year.

Top Bottom