• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hes going to "allow" people to keep their plans. First... the fact that we are in such a position says how far we have fallen. "Allow?" Allow me to engage in lawful commerce? Secondly...he got his law but now he just gets to modify the law when it doesnt work? I dont like to see people suffering and losing their coverage. Obamacare should be repealed.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Exactly. This is insane that this Congress and the people of this nation let this guy just change laws at will. He does NOT have that authority under the Constitution.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Hes going to "allow" people to keep their plans. First... the fact that we are in such a position says how far we have fallen. "Allow?" Allow me to engage in lawful commerce? Secondly...he got his law but now he just gets to modify the law when it doesnt work? I dont like to see people suffering and losing their coverage. Obamacare should be repealed.

I'm not quite sure how that works either? Laws are passed thru Congress so wouldn't they need to go back to Congress to be changed??

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Exactly. This is insane that this Congress and the people of this nation let this guy just change laws at will. He does NOT have that authority under the Constitution.

I say he should be impeached and people just brush it off and say it will never happen. He needs to be impeached. Now. I think the House would do it and increasingly the Senate is going to have to respond to their fed up constituents. But then again, if you represent a bunch or self hating red diaper doper baby pukes and dead beats then to them...nothing is wrong. The revolution is marching forward as planned.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Up until now, I didn't think anything he did met the Constitutional threshold for impeachment. Policy differences are not impeachable. He might well have crossed the line with this, though. I have a hard time believing the ACA gave him this much administrative leeway. He is quite literally making it up as he goes. We can't function like that.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Exactly! He is bypassing the way things are done in our government. It is called checks and balances for a reason and he has ZERO respect for the Constitution. I have yet to hear or read one thing from any lawmaker up there that challenges his authority to just change this law as he goes.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Its brilliant really. Pass a broad sweeping (unconstitutional) law and see what happens, how much blow back there is. Then when it begins to fail, strip out/dont enforce the parts that the people resent while maintaining all of the other expansion and intrusion of gov.

He needs to be impeached...now. US Senators need to get some guts or get kicked out of office.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Exactly! He is bypassing the way things are done in our government. It is called checks and balances for a reason and he has ZERO respect for the Constitution. I have yet to hear or read one thing from any lawmaker up there that challenges his authority to just change this law as he goes.

It's too early for anything in writing yet and at this point, verbal challenges should be abandoned.

If it's not in writing, it didn't happen.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    It's too early for anything in writing yet and at this point, verbal challenges should be abandoned.

If it's not in writing, it didn't happen.

Not sure I agree with that. I keep scanning the headlines for some kind of challenge or at least a question as to the constitutionally of this from a prominent republican and so far I haven't seen anything. Somebody needs to strike while the iron is hot and seize the media narrative that not only does Obamacare need to be repealed, but the president is on very dangerous legal grounds.

I am going to be furious if the Republicans screw up this golden opportunity to land some crippling body blows to the opposition. They better not lift a damned finger to help the Dem's out of this mess. Not a finger.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX

The fine print says this (allowing people to keep their present insurance) is only good for 1 year!

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Pretty sure a read on fox that Boehner said the president doesnt have the authority to do what hes saying. Hell even on cbs they said the president doesnt have the authority to make the insurance companies abide by what he says. Itll be interesting to see how the next week unfolds.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Pretty sure a read on fox that Boehner said the president doesnt have the authority to do what hes saying. Hell even on cbs they said the president doesnt have the authority to make the insurance companies abide by what he says. Itll be interesting to see how the next week unfolds.

My crystal ball tells me it will be spun into the hero President standing up for the innocent little people and doing his best to uphold the promises he made while the greedy insurance companies and evil, racist Republicans work to stop him and deny the people from getting the quality healthcare they deserve.

The 48% and low information voters will believe it and scream and rant about the evil Republicans and racist Tea Party. Obama will make a couple of speeches, first hinting blame at the Republicans and ending up using full on finger pointing and patent fabrications.

John McCain will join Obama with sharp criticism of anyone who dares to mention legality and Constitutional barriers.

Boehner and his idiot cronies will cave under the pressure and concede Obama the power to force insurance companies to once again bend to his will, this time bending against his initial will.

Obama will declare victory for the people while striking a smug, Nero-like pose.

Top Bottom