• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I've already decided to not sign up and I'm not going to create an account to check.
    Even if it was $100 a month, the penalty would be half the cost when it maxes out.

There is something screwy about the fact that you need to sign up and are not able to get a quote based on what details the user chooses to input.

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    I've already decided to not sign up and I'm not going to create an account to check.
    Even if it was $100 a month, the penalty would be half the cost when it maxes out.

There is something screwy about the fact that you need to sign up and are not able to get a quote based on what details the user chooses to input.

+1

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Well, I haven't been too worried about this since my company provides kick-ass insurance.
    Oops. Not 100% sure it Commie-care related, but in our annual benefits changes e-mail, they let us know that our premier insurance plan (the one I have) will no longer be offered after 2014.

Ah hell, I'm blaming the Commie. Thanks a lot!

ag1052

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Im kind of concerned. I dont make much money but I make enough to get by. My wife and I have bought our insurance on our own and we had been very happy with it. Cost very little but had a really high deductible (I have enough money to pay for a regular doctor visit on my own but if something major happened Id need insurance to help cover it, isnt that really suppose to be the point of insurance anyway?). Now Ive found out that my insurance is not good enough for the Obamacare standards. My choices are double what I pay for insurance, stick with my same insurance and pay the penalty as if I didnt have insurance at all, or go to Obamacare. I am very much opposed to Obamacare's standards being forced on everyone but now that it is, Im not sure I have the funds not to compromise on my principals. I bet with as little as I make, the subsidies would be pretty nice for me on Obamacare but I dont want others picking up the slack I have left. I just want my cheap insurance back and not be penalized for keeping insurance that Obama doesnt deem as good enough.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Wife has had 2 friends mess w the system, 1 got a fairly decent rate at $600/mos for a family w a $12k deductible......lol

Other couldn't get onto the site, kicked off several times

sent from my cell phone, far far away but still monitored by the NSA

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Wife has had 2 friends mess w the system, 1 got a fairly decent rate at $600/mos for a family w a $12k deductible......lol
    That's decent?!? A couple years ago when I was thinking of quitting my cushy corporate job and trying to make it on my own I went shopping for insurance. Best quote I could find for myself and my daughter would have been about $300/mo with similar co-pays to what my job's insurance provides but with a little higher deductible. That was with Cigna... I'd hate to see what it would be now :p

Top Bottom