• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    If you guys wanna get into experimental stuff, it's hard top top Boyd Rice/ NON.

Although he's done many things over the years, he is most infamous for his Noise. Layers and layers of often grinding, grating noise. Outside of the studio he is one of the most fascinating people I've ever heard of, and was close friends with people like Anton LaVey, Charles Manson, Marc Almond, and even Tiny Tim. Marilyn Manson described him as a mentor.

He idolizes Walt Disney, Andy Warhol, Ragnar Redbeard, Mussolini, Nancy Sinatra, and Ed Wood. There was even a rumor that he owned the world's largest collection of Barbie Dolls (He eventually killed the rumor and said he only owned a few from the 1960's, as they remind him of the standard of beauty he grew up with). He has released compilation albums of both Hungarian military marches (Death's Gladsome Wedding)and obscure 60's girl group songs (Music for Pussycats). Though he used to cause controversy with his Nazi-like manner of dress, these days he is most comfortable in Hawaiian tiki-style clothing.

This is actually one of his more musical numbers, which someone made a fairly humorous video for. Personally I like it:

DK Firearms

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    And now that I'm thinking about it, GG Allin has got to be up there as obscure as well. I think I had one album by him, but he was definitely a psycho.

The funny thing about GG Allin is it's pretty damn hard to post even one song by him that won't get you banned from most forums. I'll try anyway.

If you don't know about GG Allin you might not want to. He was by far the craziest, most violent rocker ever to live. He'd do shows naked. He'd piss and shit on stage. He'd eat it. He'd rub it on himself. He's throw it at the crowd. Then he often jump into the crowd and punch fans for good measure. He once got his arm broke fighting 15 fans on stage in San Antonio. He once even said, "My mind is a machine gun, my fists are the bullets, and the audience is the target." He often threatened to kill himself on stage after murdering as many fans as possible. Some fans wanted to be right up front when he did.

GG just wasn't made for this world and he knew it. He had a pathological hatred for everything insincere. His misanthropy and antics were merely his way of reacting to a world full of people he despised for being phony. By all accounts of the people who knew him, he was a very nice person if he liked you. Unfortunately for every inch he lashed out at society he seemed to lash inwards as well. He predictably used a lot of hard drugs and died of a speedball overdose. Though he started out as a punk, he gravitated toward outlaw country in his final years and wrote some fine (although lyrically course) songs.

Beware nearly everything he ever did was extremely NSFW:

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...Boyd Rice...

There was even a rumor that he owned the world's largest collection of Barbie Dolls (He eventually killed the rumor and said he only owned a few from the 1960's, as they remind him of the standard of beauty he grew up with)....
    Interesting how paths cross in this life.

He was definitely a collector. Back in the 90s when my sis was one of the three or four biggest collectible classic Barbie dealers in the U.S., she knew him slightly. She went to conventions in California often and he showed up enough for her to remember him.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    The funny thing about GG Allin is it's pretty damn hard to post even one song by him that won't get you banned from most forums. I'll try anyway.

If you don't know about GG Allin you might not want to. He was by far the craziest, most violent rocker ever to live. He'd do shows naked. He'd piss and shit on stage. He'd eat it. He'd rub it on himself. He's throw it at the crowd. Then he often jump into the crowd and punch fans for good measure. He once got his arm broke fighting 15 fans on stage in San Antonio. He once even said, "My mind is a machine gun, my fists are the bullets, and the audience is the target." He often threatened to kill himself on stage after murdering as many fans as possible. Some fans wanted to be right up front when he did.

GG just wasn't made for this world and he knew it. He had a pathological hatred for everything insincere. His misanthropy and antics were merely his way of reacting to a world full of people he despised for being phony. By all accounts of the people who knew him, he was a very nice person if he liked you. Unfortunately for every inch he lashed out at society he seemed to lash inwards as well. He predictably used a lot of hard drugs and died of a speedball overdose. Though he started out as a punk, he gravitated toward outlaw country in his final years and wrote some fine (although lyrically course) songs.

Well said, London.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Interesting how paths cross in this life.

He was definitely a collector. Back in the 90s when my sis was one of the three or four biggest collectible classic Barbie dealers in the U.S., she knew him slightly. She went to conventions in California often and he showed up enough for her to remember him.

Interesting tidbit; thanks for sharing. I always suspected there was something unusual about that guy. I juuuuust couldn't put my finger on it.... :p

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I just found out about these ladies yesterday. So far this is the only song I can find which isn't horribly distorted from the effects of time:

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson keeps referencing Kraftwerk. It's interesting where long-past icons of my youth will pop up.

I remember listening to Kraftwerk while in Germany in the Army from '76 through '78.

And there WAS Pink Floyd BEFORE Dark Side of the Moon .... including some songs featuring Syd Barrett (who passed away in 2006), the group founder, before he went drug-induced psychotic....

....and I have ALL these albums as well as those more well-known by people....

Pink Floyd - Ummagumma ( Full Album ) - YouTube

Pink Floyd - The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn - 1967 [Pink For All] - YouTube

Pink Floyd - Meddle [Full Album] [HQ/HD] - YouTube

Pink Floyd - A Saucerful Of Secrets - 1968 [Pink For All] - YouTube

Pink Floyd - Soundtrack from the Film More - 1969 [Pink For All] - YouTube

Nortex

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    AFG & London, You have fine musical tastes.

Time to fire up "Live at Pompeii" in the man-cave.

Other obscurities:
    Roger Waters, Pros & Cons of Hitchhiking
    (Wasn't my favorite album, but it was a tremendous show)

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    And more of Jimmy Chamberlain's incredible drumming. Even though this is a Smashing Pumpkins song, you will NEVER hear this on the radio. There were only 25 physical copies of this album (Machina II) officially made. No that's not a typo; that number is twenty-five.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Speaking of Roger Waters...

[video=youtube;_9IdtI2MvKI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9IdtI2MvKI&list=PLzSeheGdkChPcb0eK4jPcqNS X4sMHJepW[/video]

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Staff online

• Vaquero
      Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom