• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lightflyer1

Well-Known
    May 2, 2015
    I bought a really beat up and nicked and scratched Ruger .22 slab side stainless that looked like it was stored in the bed of a truck bouncing around. Sent it back to Ruger and for $80 they completely reconditioned the whole thing back like new. Amazing. S&W should replace the cylinder for free on a new gun. Give your OCD a break.

unicom

Well-Known
    May 19, 2016
    I guess it is good for your OCD, that you didn't notice that the extractor cutouts do not line up perfectly with the cylinder boreholes...

Now it’s going to buck the hell out of me and it’s not even my gun. You are evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I spent a few years in a construction-related occupation that required me to be "exceptionally observant". I try to fight the "habits" that I acquired during those twelve long years. But, I still pay an inordinate amount of attention to things and how they are assembled. It is so bad when I walk into new construction today, I start looking for deficiencies. Earlier this year I walked into a new single-family residence that had not reached dried in phase, the first thing I noticed was the windows installed inside the home, instead of attached to the exterior. The builder had not noticed this. A real problem I have is out of square walls, those irritate me to no end, and don't get me started on out of square/plumb rough openings. I can live with up to a 1/4 inch off, but when it is an inch, and it affects installing components. Damn, I get pissed!

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I dropped my S&W snubnose about 5 years after I purchased it and bent the barrel enough to notice. I sent it back to the factory, after calling or emailing, and they replaced the barrel for free. S&W takes that kind of thing seriously.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Look.....if this thing is bothering y'all that much, I'll take care of it. I'll even pay you a fair price for the reduced value and the likely risk that that particular flaw could end up killing me. And I'll sign a waiver protecting you from liability......

......how does $50 bucks sound?

Top Bottom