• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CZPistol

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2015
    123 Easy St.
    Wondering if anyone else who is not in the OC camp thinks like I do about the OCers who partially tuck their untucked shirt in behind their sidearm. IMO, that screams "Hey look at me, I'm open carrying!" as if to draw more attention, more so than having a fully tucked in shirt. Any non-OCers think the same?

Fernando_Sucre

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Fox River
    Naw. Just you. I tuck my shirt behind my gun. Why do you care how someone else carries or what their reason for carrying is? Even if it is one of those look at me type dudes. Doesn't bother me at all.

CZPistol

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2015
    123 Easy St.
    Why do you care how someone else carries or what their reason for carrying is?

It's not that I care, it's just curiosity based on my perception of how it looks. If I cared, I'd be trying to change people's minds. And, nice job ignoring that the question was directed towards those who don't open carry. :)

Fernando_Sucre

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Fox River
    It's not that I care, it's just curiosity based on my perception of how it looks. If I cared, I'd be trying to change people's minds. And, nice job ignoring that the question was directed towards those who don't open carry. :)
    Who cares what those who don't open carry think. Do you bruh and forget about what they think.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Cliffjump_shallow.gif

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    The whole purpose I tuck my shirt behind my holster is for comfort. If someone thinks I'm doing it for attention, that's fine. It don't hurt my feelings. The few people I've seen OC did it the same way. I assumed it was for comfort with them as well.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I tuck my t-shirt behind the holster when I OC and I'm not wearing a tucked-in polo or button down... I'd rather have consistency knowing that nothing is in the way when I carry. My t-shirt would only cover about 1/2 the holster anyway.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Wondering if anyone else who is not in the OC camp thinks like I do about the OCers who partially tuck their untucked shirt in behind their sidearm. IMO, that screams "Hey look at me, I'm open carrying!" as if to draw more attention, more so than having a fully tucked in shirt. Any non-OCers think the same?

Good for you.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    All you prissy fashion queens can FOAD. The next time I OC I'm doing it in full dude mode. Flip flops, boxers, wife beater, open bathrobe and a gun belt with my Lorcin in the 1 o'clock position.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    If I ever will OC anywhere in public I'm not gonna make an effort to tuck in a polo. I don't wear polos often, nor button ups, and won't start just to look presentable while carrying a gun.

I disagree that a shirt only tucked behind the gun means the OC'er is screaming for attention, as compared to dressing up all fancy like.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    All you prissy fashion queens can FOAD. The next time I OC I'm doing it in full dude mode. Flip flops, boxers, wife beater, open bathrobe and a gun belt with my Lorcin in the 1 o'clock position.

Wear it at 12 o'clock, that way you can't be charged with flashing too. ;)

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Has anyone ever considered why professional open carriers use uniform shirt keepers when they are carrying? Or why LE/Security Instructors stress the importance of only keeping your gun on the strong side of a duty belt and insuring that nothing interferes with your draw? ( Like your shirt coming untucked and bunched up around your holster, or expandable baton turning and getting behind your holster, etc)

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I would think it would be hard to draw the gun properly if the shirt was hanging over it.

I don't OC BTW.
    On a side note, I have an OtterBox with a clip for my phone. I wear my shirts untucked and keep my shirt behind my phone case. If I did OC I would do the same with it.

CZPistol

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2015
    123 Easy St.

Maybe I should have done that ^^^^ in my OP to avoid 99% of the responses being from the OC crowd. LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom