• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    This is exactly why you don't kick someone out of your store for stupid reasons.
    To be more accurate, don't kick out your target demographic. It depends on if you are their target demographic or not. I'd say you are (unless you're OCing long guns like Snowboots and Fatman).

I'd bet good money though, the Walmart at Gunspoint will not permit OC not matter what you argue.
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    To be more accurate, don't kick out your target demographic. It depends on if you are their target demographic or not. I'd say you are (unless you're OCing long guns like Snowboots and Fatman).

I'd bet good money though, the Walmart at Gunspoint will not permit OC not matter what you argue.

I've OC'ed in that one - once - and not had a problem.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    In other news, Walmart has yet to contact me about the matter. I called the district manager and she hasn't even heard of this yet, despite the fact I sent an email to corporate days ago. I sent her an email to her personal inbox so we'll see what happens. I look forward to receiving my letter.

Ignore it and hope it goes away is their best course of action in this matter. I'd expect them to follow that mindset.

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    In other news, Walmart has yet to contact me about the matter.

I may be wrong but I believe that they make it part of the corp policy to not contact customers with regards to legal matters. FIL worked there for a few years.

At any rate, it doesn't matter if there is a 30.06 or 30.07 sign. If a private property owner (or an employee that the private property owner designates i.e. a manager) asks you to leave the store for ANY reason, you leave. The simple-minded Walmart employees shown in the video do not need to understand Texas firearm laws nor do they care about signage. If they want you out, you're out. They'll call a LEO if necessary to get their way. You don't try to convince them that their signage or corporate policy is wrong. They're too stupid to argue with. And you're one customer out of thousands that they will have in their store. The dollar amount that your cart was going to add up to will be made up in less than a minute in that store.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Greenspoint (or Gunspoint as Houstonians call it) is one of the "hotspots" for Houston criminal activity, which makes it one of the hotspots in Texas. A lot of crime, shootings etc. Mom worked ata Walmart for a few years near there when the economy was bad and dad was laid off. It was a unique experience. They had A LOT of sheriffs at the store. Lots of arrests, and often at gunpoint.

I've OC'ed in that one - once - and not had a problem.

You OC'd in Greenspoint? I am impressed.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Greenspoint (or Gunspoint as Houstonians call it) is one of the "hotspots" for Houston criminal activity, which makes it one of the hotspots in Texas. A lot of crime, shootings etc. Mom worked ata Walmart for a few years near there when the economy was bad and dad was laid off. It was a unique experience. They had A LOT of sheriffs at the store. Lots of arrests, and often at gunpoint.

You OC'd in Greenspoint? I am impressed.

It's not a great area, but the demographics have changed quite a bit over the past five years. When I'm on duty it's in my 911 district, so I'm back and forth there for work as well as before/after work sometimes. We don't make nearly as many calls there for "handcuff allergies" as we used to. Lots of "new worker" folks in that part of town now, at least south of the Beltway.

That Academy is usually a reliable spot for .22LR, too.

Top Bottom