Texas SOT

Oct 9th Bullet Hole Range, Member Benefit Fundraiser.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Hello all, as the title states we will be having a Fundraiser Benefit for a Texas Gun Talk member who is going through a rough patch and needs some help. We will be having contest with prizes and a BBQ lunch.

2715 Grosenbacher Road
    San Antonio, TX 78245
    (210) 679-6781

Time 1000hrs-????

Tickets: $25.00 per person

All prizes for the contests (more to come shortly) are donated by members here.
    If anyone would like to donate something, or if any of our fine sponsors want to get involved please let me know via PM. More info will be put out shortly.

Prizes (will edit as people offer donations.)

2x Blackhawk single point slings NIB
    Smith and Wesson Flashlight NIB
    $100 Cabelas gift card
    AKM Bayonet with acessories
    NIB 12 Gauge bore snake
    Double Star AR lower.

Contests:

#1 $10 Buy in per attempt...(yes you can try again to beat your score)

Winner determined by person with the lowest time on target

Modified Tueller Drill (knife rush)
    Distance 15 yards
    Firearm: Any handgun with iron sights(no optics must be standard sights, no lasers), revolver or SA (revolver needs a speed loader. and either action proving dummies or empty shells)
    Shots will be timed with a IDPA style shot timer.

Contender will start by assuming a firing position, SA with a empty mag inserted and the slide locked back. Revolver with a full cylinder of empty shells or action proving dummies. The events starts on command you will drop the empty mag(empties for a revolver), reload and place 2 rounds on target center mass (b-27). Winner will be the lowest time to complete the task.

Prize $100 Cabela's gift card- Donated by Texas1911

$5 Buy In per person. Open to all ages.
    .22 Long Rifle Red Star Challenge

Distance 25 yards offhand unsupported fire (no sling supports, bi-pods, leaning on anything, must be free standing)
    Firearm:Any .22 Long Rifle caliber rifle or pistol with any optics or iron sights (no limitations), 9 rounds of the ammo of your choice.

Contest: Using a target with 9 double stars where the outer star is worth 5 points, and the inner red star is worth 10 points whoever racks up the most points with 9 rounds wins. This is a single entry challenge.

Prize: NIB Smith and Wesson Galaxy Elite 120 Lumen flashlight- Donated by Dcav

Contest 3

$10 Buy In per attempt, single shot per attempt (multiple attempts ok) Expect this contest to be highly competitive!!!
    Distance 7 yards
    Firearm: Any rimfire or centerfire rifle or handgun of your choice.

Old fashioned closest to the bullseye contest using a B-27 target, x marks the spot

Prize:Double Star AR lower donated by TexasRedneck

Contest 4
    $5 Buy in per try
    Distance 25 yards
    Firearm: Any rimfire rifle, any optics, fired from a seated/kneeling/prone position of your choosing, you will need 64 rounds for this contest.
    Target consists of 64 small bulls-eyes on a 8x12 sheet of paper. Top 2 people with the most individual bulls-eyes win (64 shots, 64 bulls-eye, 1 per)
    Prize: The top two winners will receive a Blackhawk Single Point Rifle Sling-NIB

Contest 5

$5 Buy in per attempt
    Distance 25 yards
    Weapon:Any removable magazine fed Ak variant to include Valmet, Galil, 47's/74's, VZ, PSL, etc. Will need 6 rounds total.
    Targets 3 B-27 targets

Triple engagement, will need a total of 3 magazines with 2 rounds each.
    Engage first target with 2 rounds, reload, engage second target with 2 rounds, reload and engage final target with 2 rounds. Time ends when weapon is cleared. Lowest time wins.

Prize AKM Bayonet-Donated by M.Sage
    Guns International

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Listed on meetup.com, for those that use facebook M. Sage and I have a link up, please share it. More info will be added as it becomes available.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    FWIW, folks - the DoubleStar is new - has NEVER been mounted/installed and was registered as an "other" - so it can go on rifle or pistol!

....and FWIW, I'll double the "entry" fee, personally. I've been through rough patches myself and have had folks "step up to the plate" for me in the past, and we've been blessed to be able to return the favor! I'd encourage everyone that can to come out and support one of our own. In respect for their privacy, they'll remain unnamed, but trust me - they're Good Folk. If you can't make it but wanna toss some $$$ in the kitty, get hold of Dan, Sterling or myself. Dunno 'bout them, but I can take it via PayPal and convert it over to cash. If you do so, I'll either post your donation here to acknowledge your support or keep it confidential - it's up to you.

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Damn, sounds like a good deal! If I wasn't in hard times myself right now, I'd go! I need to get out to the range more and would love to help! Hope everything turns out the best for you no matter what you're going though whomever this is for! Keep your head up!

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Anyone have a shot timer (IDPA style timer) they can bring out? Got an idea for a contest but will need one.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Guys - I'm still rootin' around for "door prizes", "contest awards", etc. - if anyone has somethin' that they wanna kick in, please holler!

Sterling, that does NOT mean you can toss in one of the kids.....

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Guys - I'm still rootin' around for "door prizes", "contest awards", etc. - if anyone has somethin' that they wanna kick in, please holler!

Sterling, that does NOT mean you can toss in one of the kids.....
    Take em all cept the grand
    Need not be present to win. I will bring them to you

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    holy smokes im off that day (as far as i know)

hopefully i can make it out.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Added the first contest, if anyone has ideas for contests let me know. If anyone cannot make it and wants to donate or help out contact Texasredneck.

Top Bottom