• ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Jerry Patterson, Author of CHL:

“That episode might have killed constitutional carry,” Patterson said, using another term for openly carrying firearms without any kind of permit. “I wouldn’t call it grandstanding. I’d just call it stupidity.”

Texas lawmakers vote for panic buttons | www.statesman.com

Following a dust-up Tuesday when gun rights activists confronted state Rep. Poncho Nevárez in his office, members of the Texas House moved Wednesday to heighten their sense of safety at the Capitol.

On Tuesday a gun rights group led by Kory Watkins went to several lawmakers’ offices to push for an open carry law. Many members were not in their offices at the times of the visits, but Nevárez was there to speak with the group. He listened as Watkins and other activists passionately talked about the Second Amendment and their right to bear arms.

In a YouTube video posted by Watkins, the gun advocates were seen arguing with Nevárez, who had said he wouldn’t support House Bill 195 by state Rep. Jonathan Stickland, R-Bedford.

“You wont be here long, bro,” one person off-camera said to the Democrat from Eagle Pass.

Target Sports

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Just for the record, it wasn't OCT (Open Carry Texas)this time. It was OCTC (Open Carry Tarrant County). Both OCT and the new group, Lone Star Gun Rights have put major distance between themselves and OCTC. CJ even said he didn't like how Kory was being ahead of time and branched off before this incident.

Kory doesn't seem to see what the problem is so far.

Also, Kory is a guy.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seems this gets said every time anything even slightly negative happens. "ER MAH GERD, ITS DEAD IN THE WERTER".

Maybe I'm an optimist, but I'm very doubtful that this sank the ship. Took on a little water maybe, but plenty of time to bail it out and get back on course.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So should DPS have arrested said Kory for disorderly conduct?

Thousands of pro abortion demonstrators storm the capitol promoting hell on Earth and it is viewed as civil disobedience.

1 OC protestor acts the fool and it sinks the whole cause? We cannot accept that.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Seems this gets said every time anything even slightly negative happens. "ER MAH GERD, ITS DEAD IN THE WERTER".

Maybe I'm an optimist, but I'm very doubtful that this sank the ship. Took on a little water maybe, but plenty of time to bail it out and get back on course.

Dude the people you want to vote for this just voted to put in panic buttons over the incident. Face it, they just bent any chance we had over the table and did very bad things to it. :boom:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    the guy shooting the video sounded like an ass to me

you catch more flies with honey than vinegar

on the other hand, nothing they said or did was "threatening" , rude maybe but not threatening

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Why bother talking to a reflexively racist piece of filth like Nevárez in the first place? 60% of the vote in a majority Hispanic area...the worm would be hard pressed to care any less about the restoration of basic civil rights as reflected in the 2nd Amendment. Hell, he didn't even draw a Republican challenger last year. He is in our version of what (the Country Formerly Known as Great) Britain used to call a "Dirty Borough..."

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Jerry Patterson isn't the media.

If the OCT $#@!s go home and STFU, maybe, just maybe the pro-OC adults in Austin can salvage this, but I doubt it.
    Yeah...that is a good point. I think he has some sour grapes after the election but he is right on this certainly not helping. I dont think he gets to declare it over though either. What the hell is wrong with this movement?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Yeah...that is a good point. I think he has some sour grapes after the election but he is right on this certainly not helping. I dont think he gets to declare it over though either. What the hell is wrong with this movement?

He is not declaring it over, he is predicting it is over. Is anyone predicting OCT helped the cause and OC is now a sure thing?

And Joe Strauss was re-elected Speaker, with 100% Dem support and 80% Republican support. It was going to be a tough battle beforer this happened.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Why bother talking to a reflexively racist piece of filth like Nevárez in the first place? 60% of the vote in a majority Hispanic area...the worm would be hard pressed to care any less about the restoration of basic civil rights as reflected in the 2nd Amendment. Hell, he didn't even draw a Republican challenger last year. He is in our version of what (the Country Formerly Known as Great) Britain used to call a "Dirty Borough..."
    It is like a prisoner beating his head against the cell door. Just pointless.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The biggest arguments against increasing gun rights are typically "what-if" situations. If even one individual, especially one that claims to speak for others, creates a stir ... you can bet everything you own that it will affect support for it and ANY future gun rights bills in the future.

These people that think the Legislature is an extension of being Billy Badass on the internet are SORELY mistaken. These people going out to force the hand of law enforcement or push the limits of legality are not helping. The decision makers in the state legislature don't look at things the same way some gun nut on Facebook does, and not matter how much you will it to be, they are the people you have to convince, period.

These people do not understand reality. They've been so absorbed into a micro-culture of people that think similarly to them that they've detached from reality. It's no different than a cult. It's really sad ...

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Of course CJ was there for at least a good part of it. What does that mean exactly?
    Yes. All three group leaders were there to push HB195. It means nothing other than he just happened to be there trying to get support for a bill on the first day of the reps being back in session.

CJ has acted like a huge idiot in the past. He's cooled down a lot lately and people need to recognize that.

Kory used to be with OCT, but he branched off after a difference in views on how to go about things. It seems like the leadership of OCT were trying to calm things with all the bad press they were getting and Kory wasn't wanting to do that. Lately, Korys been seen a lot in the news with his white fedora and long guns at local businesses (Home depot, grocery stores, etc).

Top Bottom