• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Looks like Mr. Patrick has changed his tune.......

Seems he's a habit of that. From his campaign

Campaign.jpg
    Target Sports

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I am beginning to believe that the gun owners are being infiltrated by those who lack sincerity which is a nice way of putting it. Over the years since Obama has taken office I have met more than one CHL holding, gun shooting liberal, how liberal? Voted for Obama twice! Sure they believe that we should have the right to defend our home and family, certainly they think a fun day out on the range banging away is great, reloading is good activity etc etc etc. But its what makes them different that counts. In my various conversation I come away with this:

100% Gun registration!

NO mil spec weaponry!

NO gun shows!

ALL sales tracked!

They don't see the 2nd Amendment in the same light I do, but do not single out the 2nd, in fact they view the Constitution as out of date, and think its a good idea if it was rewritten to be more modern and in tune with the times.

We need to be careful, they are among us and not always with good intentions...

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    But maybe the reason neither chamber voted on a bill last session was because Strauss and others bottled them up in committee. But this session it appeared Strauss couldn't take the heat for killing it again, so he tried to get Patrick to carry his water. But it looks like the water got a bit hot once Patrick publicly said he was going to carry it for him.

We need to stay vigilant on this. If not, they'll use some parliamentary gimmicks to ensure it doesn't go to the floor for a vote. A lot of the fakes DON'T want a vote on this. They would have to go on record for their vote. And a vote against OC (which many would do if they thought there would be no consequences) would be used against them in the next primary season.

Well said.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    But maybe the reason neither chamber voted on a bill last session was because Strauss and others bottled them up in committee. But this session it appeared Strauss couldn't take the heat for killing it again, so he tried to get Patrick to carry his water. But it looks like the water got a bit hot once Patrick publicly said he was going to carry it for him.

We need to stay vigilant on this. If not, they'll use some parliamentary gimmicks to ensure it doesn't go to the floor for a vote. A lot of the fakes DON'T want a vote on this. They would have to go on record for their vote. And a vote against OC (which many would do if they thought there would be no consequences) would be used against them in the next primary season.
    I think what has happened in Texas is that a LOT of Lib-Dims have run as GOP when in fact they are far, FAR left, they need to be flushed from the system...

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I think what has happened in Texas is that a LOT of Lib-Dims have run as GOP when in fact they are far, FAR left, they need to be flushed from the system...

Which is why no OC bills make it to the floor for a vote. If they're forced to vote on it, their true selves will be revealed and they would have to actually answer for their opposition to the bill. With it being bottled up in committee (via a lot of arcane parliamentary moves) they avoid any accountability. They can go to their constituents and claim they weren't given a chance to vote on a bill. When in fact, they never wanted to be put in position to vote on it at all. They give their constituents a false perception that they would support it if it came to the floor. All the while making sure it never gets that far.

But now, the GOP has an overwhelming majority in both houses and the governors mansion. The GOP has NO excuse for not bringing these bills to a vote. None.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I've tried to stay out of this pity party but you guys kill me with the grade-school mentality that one loud mouth "ruined it for the rest of us!" Every group has it's ass-hats and no intellectually honest person really believes they represent everyone in the larger group. Sssshhh, if we just talk nice to "Pancho" his whiny-Dem ass will be on our side! is delusional. If it wasn't Kory whatever his name is the gutless politicians would find (or fabricate) some other excuse or political trickery to cover their cowardly backsides. Get a grip guys, there will always be the radical attention seeking fringe, you give them power by acknowledging they have any influence and legitimize cowards like "Pancho" that grasp at minor drama to rationalize their fear. Stay the course, force our representatives to be accountable and boot the ones that don't do the job we elected them to do is about as good as it gets. If one or two idiots "killed our chances" I contend there wasn't really much chance to start with.

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    I've tried to stay out of this pity party but you guys kill me with the grade-school mentality that one loud mouth "ruined it for the rest of us!" Every group has it's ass-hats and no intellectually honest person really believes they represent everyone in the larger group. Sssshhh, if we just talk nice to "Pancho" his whiny-Dem ass will be on our side! is delusional. If it wasn't Kory whatever his name is the gutless politicians would find (or fabricate) some other excuse or political trickery to cover their cowardly backsides. Get a grip guys, there will always be the radical attention seeking fringe, you give them power by acknowledging they have any influence and legitimize cowards like "Pancho" that grasp at minor drama to rationalize their fear. Stay the course, force our representatives to be accountable and boot the ones that don't do the job we elected them to do is about as good as it gets. If one or two idiots "killed our chances" I contend there wasn't really much chance to start with.

Nice speech. But in this case, in all likely hood, Kory really did cost OC some votes. The open carry demonstrations in restaurants, and on the streets probably also cost us public support and votes. I know CJ has cleaned up his act a little, but the damage was already done.

At this point I don't know if OC will pass. But if it fails it will be Kory's fault; and to a lesser CJ's earlier antics.

Folks, you can't strong arm public opinion or the Legislature and expect to have their support.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    All Kory did was provide political cover to those who were only giving lip service to support of OC in the first place. Why do you think they like Strauss as speaker? He bottles up all the solid 2A bills so they don't have to go on record opposing them.

Top Bottom