• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    So, we went; and to be honest unless there is something you are really looking for, it's probably better to wait for the Premier show next weekend.

We had some folks come out for breakfast, which is always fun; but the show itself was lackluster. We noticed a few regular vendors that were absent, and while there was a short line to get in, at no time was it crowded. Ammo prices were still high (a brick of .22 going for $59?!?) and nothing special when it comes to gun prices either. We saw Yugo M92 pistols going anywhere from $599 (about what they are online, so one of the few deals we saw) to over $800. WASRs were still overpriced.

I doubt we'll go every month like we have been, there's just too much of the "same old same old" at the SAXET show to get up early on a Saturday to attend. I know this is the slow time of the year for gun shows, but the panic is over (although prices don't reflect it) and as we were talking with one of the vendors, the show market has become saturated and dealers are recognizing it.

The only real bright side is that we got to talk with a lot of great folks, both at breakfast and the show afterward. It is one of the only reasons to go these days, otherwise if you miss a SAXET show you're not really missing much these days...

Cheers! M2
    Texas SOT

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Yep, your right. I did sell my SIG which was cool and found a Ruger SR1911 for 629, but couldn't talk myself into it.
    Looking forward to next Saturday for sure.
    "Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    had a great time, as usual, sorry I missed breakfast but duty called......yeah, yeah I know....blahhh blahhh blahhh:o. I did find a new gun store that's been open about a week by my house and, well....I got a new toy that I have always wanted. I'll do a post on the store and my new gun in a bit. They seem like perty good fellers, though it is a small shop.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Swapped some guns, sold a fair crapload (not a metric ass-ton, but fair) of lowers, and bs'ed with the usual batch of suspects.

Always wanted a H&K P7. And now I have one. Still don't know why I wanted one, but they are mechanically interesting :)

Alex

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    So, we went; and to be honest unless there is something you are really looking for, it's probably better to wait for the Premier show next weekend.

We had some folks come out for breakfast, which is always fun; but the show itself was lackluster. We noticed a few regular vendors that were absent, and while there was a short line to get in, at no time was it crowded. Ammo prices were still high (a brick of .22 going for $59?!?) and nothing special when it comes to gun prices either. We saw Yugo M92 pistols going anywhere from $599 (about what they are online, so one of the few deals we saw) to over $800. WASRs were still overpriced.

I doubt we'll go every month like we have been, there's just too much of the "same old same old" at the SAXET show to get up early on a Saturday to attend. I know this is the slow time of the year for gun shows, but the panic is over (although prices don't reflect it) and as we were talking with one of the vendors, the show market has become saturated and dealers are recognizing it.

The only real bright side is that we got to talk with a lot of great folks, both at breakfast and the show afterward. It is one of the only reasons to go these days, otherwise if you miss a SAXET show you're not really missing much these days...

Cheers! M2

Thanks for the confirmation that Gun Shows in SA are lackluster.

Went for a beer run and stopped off at the Academy in Selma this morning. They had 1,000 rounds of Winchester M-22 LR, for the "normal" price of $49.99.

It was a red banner day in SA, Texas, and in the USA!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Thanks for the confirmation that Gun Shows in SA are lackluster.

I didn't say that "gun shows in SA are lackluster," I said this month's SAXET show was. We still had a great time (as several others who went also claimed) talking to folks and although this show's offerings weren't anything special, it was worth five bucks for the experience.

It is common for summer shows to be less stellar, doesn't mean they're not worth going to. Given that there is another, bigger show a week later; I suspect many folks are waiting for that event.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Majormadmax, it was nice to meet you and Skip at breakfast. Maybe I can get my wife out of bed early for the Premier show too.

It was nice meeting you and your missus at the show, I noticed she was carrying a bag in the show, did she buy something?

Hopefully we'll see ya at the Premier show breakfast!

Cheers! M2

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Majormadmax, it was nice to meet you and Skip at breakfast. Maybe I can get my wife out of bed early for the Premier show too.

Definitely a pleasure meeting you and your wife.
    And now I know what a Heinz Bar is...lol

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    Planning on going to the Premier again. Just got back from vacation, so cash flow is a little stifled, but a good time anyway. See y'all at Teran's!

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Ruth and I can't make the premier. Plenty of tacti-cool items, not so many powders. Wouldn't be worth the expense to get down there and set up. We're pretty bummed. Bill.

We missed seeing you at Saxet, than I was reminded about your bad experience. Hopefully we'll see you at the next Premier show.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Don'tcha get a two-hour lunch working a long day like that?!? I think it's Federal law or something.

Or, I could borrow a SAPD vehicle and pick you up for "questioning" for a couple of hours! You could tell them you were helping out in a secret investigations on gun running...no one will be the wiser!

Cheers! M2

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Don'tcha get a two-hour lunch working a long day like that?!? I think it's Federal law or something.

Or, I could borrow a SAPD vehicle and pick you up for "questioning" for a couple of hours! You could tell them you were helping out in a secret investigations on gun running...no one will be the wiser!

Cheers! M2

if I thought that would remotely work, I would be all over it

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio

Cheers! M2

That would be hilarious!

Top Bottom