• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    The system isn’t broken. The voters are just retarded. No amount of system scrapping will fix stupid people. Sorry.
    You need to have skin in the game to be allowed to vote, personally. No one who works for the government should be allowed to vote, no one. No one who gets a single dollar from the government should be allowed to vote; food stamps, hosing assistance, college loans, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. Any money or assistance should disqualify you. If you get a “refund” larger than you pay in, no voting. Things would change real quick.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You need to have skin in the game to be allowed to vote, personally. No one who works for the government should be allowed to vote, no one. No one who gets a single dollar from the government should be allowed to vote; food stamps, hosing assistance, college loans, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. Any money or assistance should disqualify you. If you get a “refund” larger than you pay in, no voting. Things would change real quick.
    Having worked for the government I would have to disagree with that. I paid taxes and lived by the same laws everyone else did.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Then how do you account for all the lies, corruption, backstabbing, murder (by some of), etc. of and by the political players? We used to have a checks and balance system. Now we have a greed system where everybody is power hungry and thinking about how to make another million to get re-elected. Now we have a political system where the people under the elected officials of D.C. are running the show.Now we have a political system that spends more more on a bridge to nowhere than some countries can make in a year. We have a political system where most of the players are more worried about lining their own pockets than they are about their constituents. We used to have a political system where swearing an Oath meant living up to that oath. We have a political system where a crook can be placed in a position to sell out our country's resources and let people die when that person was asked repeatedly for help. And then blatantly lie about it.

Our Governments' number one job is to keep the citizens of this country safe from harm. And they ain't fulfilling that.

Nope, Nothing can fix stupid. But, duct tape helps. Or a....
    The number 1 job of this federal government is to keep this nation safe from other foreign countries. There are ways and means set forth to accomplish this. In addition, this federal government is required to respect a number of civil rights granted to the people of this nation. Furthermore, this federal government is meant to leave their hands off what is reserved to the states, or to the people themselves.

There is NOTHING in the constitution that sets the job of the federal government to keep people in the US safe from other people here in the US. Governments can't ensure such and aren't set up to ensure such--not at the federal level, the state level, the county level, or even the city level.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    In my case you would lose a solid red vote since I am collecting my SS benefit, the one I paid into my whole life since I was 14 and still don't have what I paid in back.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    First of all, “social security” and Medicare is not “assistance” - it’s a tax I was forced to pay by the government! The government took the money I EARNED and forced me, to let them hold it until they agreed to pay it back to me when I reached a certain age. To deny me, my voting rights simply because I can now get back the social security money I paid in during MY working career, would be fighting words for me! Big Green, you are completely wrong with this comment. And that comes from someone (me) who does happen to believe our concept of “universal suffrage” [voting rights] needs to be re-structured in a major sort of way!

After having worked their whole life in private enterprise, paying untold thousands (tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands) of dollars in sales taxes, ad valorem taxes, income taxes, property taxes, licensing fees (taxes), your definition of having had “skin in the game” is certainly a lot different than mine.

Last edited:

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    The number 1 job of this federal government is to keep this nation safe from other foreign countries. There are ways and means set forth to accomplish this. In addition, this federal government is required to respect a number of civil rights granted to the people of this nation. Furthermore, this federal government is meant to leave their hands off what is reserved to the states, or to the people themselves.

There is NOTHING in the constitution that sets the job of the federal government to keep people in the US safe from other people here in the US. Governments can't ensure such and aren't set up to ensure such--not at the federal level, the state level, the county level, or even the city level.

First paragraph: Yes, they are supposed to keep us safe from foreign countries, and as a whole, it does a damn good job at it. As far as the civil rights of the citizenry, that has been under attack for decades. Both the Federal and State government are infringing on our Rights at an enormous rate. And until people wake up and realize this, our freedoms and rights will quickly erode into non-existence.

Second paragraph: I never once stated that the Government was supposed to save us from ourselves. I stated "Our Governments' number one job is to keep the citizens of this country safe from harm. And they ain't fulfilling that." That statement was to include the corruption of the immigration system and various terrorists and criminals that are quite easily gaining entrance to this country to cause us, the country as a whole, and us as singular individuals, grave bodily harm, destruction, or death. Just take a look at the DACA and The Wall fiasco a short time ago and the way Demoncrats acted with that.

And I won't even mention the conformation hearings just a short time ago.

It's this kind of BULL$HIT that makes a person (me) lose faith in our government due to the extreme amount of backstabbing, lying, cheating, greed, and corruption going on from the Fed. level to the local city level.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    First of all, “social security” and Medicare is not “assistance” - it’s a tax I was forced to pay by the government! The government took the money I EARNED and forced me, to let them hold it until they agreed to pay it back to me when I reached a certain age. To deny me, my voting rights simply because I can now get back the social security money I paid in during MY working career, would be fighting words for me! Big Green, you are completely wrong with this comment. And that comes from someone (me) who does happen to believe our concept of “universal suffrage” [voting rights] needs to be re-structured in a major sort of way!

After having worked their whole life in private enterprise, paying untold thousands (tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands) of dollars in sales taxes, ad valorem taxes, income taxes, property taxes, licensing fees (taxes), your definition of having had “skin in the game” is certainly a lot different than mine.
    Good post!

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station

That’s fine, I still stand by my comments.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    I was originally planning to leave this one alone, but there seems to be just an all-around (with a few exceptions) general lack of understanding as to the intent and structure (and protections offered therein) regarding our Republic, which I find both interesting and sad considering how clearly it was laid out at the onset, and needed to throw this out even if it gets largely ignored...

Unfortunately, even absent any ill-intent, I believe this lack of fundamental understanding as to the true nature & intent contributes to a slow & steady drip of decay (though lately seems more like a tidal wave) towards the likely eventual fall of another empire (very likely the most enlightened in human history as evinced by the level of cultural & scientific advancement over the last several hundred years compared to the entirety of recorded history prior), as per the Tytler Cycle...

As an example, I'll refer to the following post as generally representative of this issue (no offense is intended to post author, simply referenced as a clear/recent example for comparison; only relevant parts of post are quoted):

The number 1 job of this federal government is to keep this nation safe from other foreign countries.

This is actually not correct, but is an extremely common misconception. Even without a deep analysis of the Constitution & supplemental/background documents (FP, AFP, etc.), we can see an immediate contrast with formative concepts outlined in the following text which needs no introduction (key parts bolded):

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. —That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

This also clearly addresses the role of Gov and applicability of relevant protections under the BoR to safegard the People (Citizenry) against infringement of those rights (e.g. 1A, 2A, etc.), regardless of the source of said infringements.

In other words, it doesn't matter one damn bit if an infringement of those rights is perpetrated by a Fed/State Gov entity, foreign party/government, or a 'private business', the true (and only legitimate) purpose of Gov is to protect/defend against that, and where necessary, provide for remediation and redress...

My hope is that enough critical mass of both understanding and will exist to change the course that we seem to be on, but that will require countering the disinformation/misinformation which is so prevalent.

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I was originally planning to leave this one alone, but there seems to be just an all-around (with a few exceptions) general lack of understanding as to the intent and structure (and protections offered therein) regarding our Republic, which I find both interesting and sad considering how clearly it was laid out at the onset, and needed to throw this out even if it gets largely ignored...
    Unfortunately, even absent any ill-intent, I believe this lack of fundamental understanding as to the true nature & intent contributes to a slow & steady drip of decay (though lately seems more like a tidal wave) towards the likely eventual fall of another empire (very likely the most enlightened in human history as evinced by the level of cultural & scientific advancement over the last several hundred years compared to the entirety of recorded history prior), as per the Tytler Cycle...

As an example, I'll refer to the following post as generally representative of this issue (no offense is intended to post author, simply referenced as a clear/recent example for comparison; only relevant parts of post are quoted):
    This is actually not correct, but is an extremely common misconception. Even without a deep analysis of the Constitution & supplemental/background documents (FP, AFP, etc.), we can see an immediate contrast with formative concepts outlined in the following text which needs no introduction (key parts bolded):
    This also clearly addresses the role of Gov and applicability of relevant protections under the BoR to safegard the People (Citizenry) against infringement of those rights (e.g. 1A, 2A, etc.), regardless of the source of said infringements.

In other words, it doesn't matter one damn bit if an infringement of those rights is perpetrated by a Fed/State Gov entity, foreign party/government, or a 'private business', the true (and only legitimate) purpose of Gov is to protect/defend against that, and where necessary, provide for remediation and redress...

My hope is that enough critical mass of both understanding and will exist to change the course that we seem to be on, but that will require countering the disinformation/misinformation which is so prevalent.

TMI

The absolute basic role/reason for human government, any government, regardless of methodology?

Regulation of force.

All you need to know... take it to the bank.

Last edited:

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE

you quoted from the Declaration of Independence. Nothing in that fantastic document is part of the Constitution. If you wish to discuss our constitutional republic, please use the constitution. Thanks.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US

Yeah, no argument there. This topic is just a hot-button for me and is easy to get a little worked up over (especially after a long day, I wrote that post after wrapping up work for the day/night before bed)

you quoted from the Declaration of Independence. Nothing in that fantastic document is part of the Constitution. If you wish to discuss our constitutional republic, please use the constitution. Thanks.

Correct, but while the Constitution is what defines the structural elements of (and restrictions on) our Government, I believe that application of perspectives presented in the DoI and other writings is essential to establishing proper context.

Lots of people casually refer to 'Rights' and Constitutional requirements/obligations, but it's my belief (so take that for what it's worth) that without the additional (required) context, any number of fallacious conclusions can easily be reached - especially when we start cherry-picking bits and pieces for applicability.

</rant>

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman

Yeah, all those disabled Veterans shouldn't be allowed to vote. They didn't earn it. Not to mention the fact that those who collect Social Security lean to the red side of the vote.

You're an ass.

Top Bottom