Odd Remark?

zx9rt1

TGT Supporter
Aug 6, 2008
I have one for all of you to weigh in on. Meet my buddy at the range earlier today and he had his Grandpa with him. Age of Grandpa is approx 75. The what are you getting for Christmas discussion comes up. So I ask my buddy what he's going to get and Grandpa, without missing a beat said, "I hope he gets everything he deserves." How would you interpret that? I think that's the oddest thing I've heard. What say you?

no2gates

Supereme IT Overlord
TGT Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX
I think that's an appropriate remark from a relative. I've heard people say that before a few times.
It makes sense to me at least.

zx9rt1

TGT Supporter
Aug 6, 2008
I've never heard it before. I kinda like it to be honest. That statement could be taken in a positive or negative way. Interesting.

okie556

Well-Known
Feb 12, 2009
Longview, TX
I've heard in before and some were meant to be compliment and others definitely not. All the times I have heard it was easy to figure out which way it was meant by the tone of the voice and the look on their face.

no2gates

Supereme IT Overlord
TGT Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX
Wow, I only thought of the one positive side of the phrase. I never thought about saying it to an asshole who doesn't deserve anything.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
Feb 24, 2009
cypress
It's generally used in the negative. The question is was grandpa serious, orrrrrr was he laughing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

zx9rt1

TGT Supporter
Aug 6, 2008
Was hard to tell. Not much expression at all. I think that's what grabbed my attention.

shortround

TGT Addict
Jan 24, 2011
Grid 0409
Reminds me of our First Sergeant's favorite words: "Boys, you'll get everything you deserve."

Have not heard the AN/PRC-77 spoken of in years. I humped a Prick-77 w/KY-38 Voice Encryption Device, KYK-38 Key Fill Device, and spare batteries in my large ALICE pack. Barely had room for dry socks and C-Rats. I only weighed 128 lbs, and that load topped 65 lbs, not counting LBE, M-16, ammo, poncho and water.

Light Infantry, Parachutes, and Boots. Travel light -- freeze at night.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members