• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    I have one for all of you to weigh in on. Meet my buddy at the range earlier today and he had his Grandpa with him. Age of Grandpa is approx 75. The what are you getting for Christmas discussion comes up. So I ask my buddy what he's going to get and Grandpa, without missing a beat said, "I hope he gets everything he deserves." How would you interpret that? I think that's the oddest thing I've heard. What say you?
    Guns International

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I think that's an appropriate remark from a relative. I've heard people say that before a few times.
    It makes sense to me at least.

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    I've never heard it before. I kinda like it to be honest. That statement could be taken in a positive or negative way. Interesting.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I've heard in before and some were meant to be compliment and others definitely not. All the times I have heard it was easy to figure out which way it was meant by the tone of the voice and the look on their face.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Wow, I only thought of the one positive side of the phrase. I never thought about saying it to an asshole who doesn't deserve anything.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    It's generally used in the negative. The question is was grandpa serious, orrrrrr was he laughing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Was hard to tell. Not much expression at all. I think that's what grabbed my attention.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Reminds me of our First Sergeant's favorite words: "Boys, you'll get everything you deserve."

Have not heard the AN/PRC-77 spoken of in years. I humped a Prick-77 w/KY-38 Voice Encryption Device, KYK-38 Key Fill Device, and spare batteries in my large ALICE pack. Barely had room for dry socks and C-Rats. I only weighed 128 lbs, and that load topped 65 lbs, not counting LBE, M-16, ammo, poncho and water.

Light Infantry, Parachutes, and Boots. Travel light -- freeze at night.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Have not heard the AN/PRC-77 spoken of in years. I humped a Prick-77

You guys were upscale. Typical Army, the ARVN Ranger unit I FO'd for got the 77, which if I recall correctly was around '68, while the American units got stuck with the older prick-25. Didn't have to hump one, but was more intimate with than I ever cared to be, rarely being further from it than the length of the handset cord.

On the OP, sounds like Grandpa was twisting the knife a bit, in a friendly way.

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    Reminds me of our First Sergeant's favorite words: "Boys, you'll get everything you deserve."

Have not heard the AN/PRC-77 spoken of in years. I humped a Prick-77 w/KY-38 Voice Encryption Device, KYK-38 Key Fill Device, and spare batteries in my large ALICE pack. Barely had room for dry socks and C-Rats. I only weighed 128 lbs, and that load topped 65 lbs, not counting LBE, M-16, ammo, poncho and water.

Light Infantry, Parachutes, and Boots. Travel light -- freeze at night.

I used to build KY-57's, always wondered who the poor f'kers were that had to hump all that crap :)

Top Bottom