• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Can a Texas Resident who has an out of state LTC that has reciprocity with Texas(Florida or Arizona, etc.) but who does NOT have the Texas resident LTC carry in Texas?

I was lurking on the TexasCHLForum and some guy(Texas resident) was having trouble getting a Texas LTC(not sure why) so someone had suggested that he just go get an Arizona out of state license instead(which he was actually eligible for).

Assuming that he could get the Arizona out of state license, would that be true that he could use that LTC vs a Texas LTC to carry everyday here? Seemed kinda weird to me but I thought I would ask here since I am too lazy to make an account there
    Gun Zone Deals

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I'm pretty certain the answer is "Yes", assuming the State of Texas has reciprocity with that other State.

Wow I wasn't expecting that. I guess if the wait times get too long I can just pick up AZ. I am hearing they have a very fast turn around time for out of state

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Yes, a Texas resident with any state's license with Texas reciprocity can carry in Texas as long as that license is valid.

In regards to wait times, Texas is at a few weeks for most

Reactions: MTA

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Just keep in mind you don't get to skip the NICS check when transferring a gun with an out of state license. Personally, I carry on a non resident out of state and have no problem waiting the extra couple minutes it takes.

Reactions: MTA

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    My wife just got hers a couple of weeks ago and wait time was a tick over a week.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    And to put a finer point on it, it doesn't have to be reciprocal, Texas just needs to recognize the other state's license - Illinois for example.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    My background check cleared so i should have it soon. I had everything submitted on 11/27 so the turn around was pretty quick. Hope they mail it out soon

Top Bottom