• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I have a friend from high school....used to sneak in and out of the house through various routes. One night....trying to get back in......the window was locked......OK he said.......i have that skylight over the den "just set in place"..........dogs in the house heard him lifting it off......his dad woke up.......confronted him at flashlight/pistol point through that skylight. My friend is lucky he didn't get shot..........the homeowner exercised some serious fucking discipline.
    Hurley's Gold

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    tenor.gif

Attachments

• tenor.gif
      tenor.gif
      131.6 KB · Views: 217

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Sneaking in during dark early morning hours I was met looking down the barrel of Dad’s 45 Colt SAA a few times. I never got shot. Same goes for my brother when he was sowing his wild oats.

Dad always said “make plenty of noise when coming home late so I won’t mistake you for an intruder”. But then we all know how much smarter teenagers are than their parents.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    it is related to his skill set, or lack thereof. Who trained him?......
    So, then I guess: if the dad really thought the kid was an intruder that the pucker factor had no role. If we go with that, I also suppose then we have to assume alcohol has no possible role, drugs no possible effect, a bullshit story to cover up a violent argument has no role but that it's all just based on the dad's/officer's set of skills and upon who trained him! Why not wait for some additional factual information to be released as to what actually happened before laying blame. Seems to early right now to tell what happened based on the scant information that was released. For all we know the kid was trying to shoot himself with his father's gun and the father tried to stop him and then made up the accidental identification story. Note, I am not saying that is actually what happened or even likely what happened but stranger things have developed in other stories over the years that first were reported as something they were not or as news with very little of the facts to show. Of course, it could be just as the police officer said it was - a case of mistaken identity and maybe his skill set does stink (or maybe it was affected by a drink or three). I think though this needs a little more information to put together what actually took place.

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    The incompetence in the Department seems to have no end in sight. Fortunately for the son, Pops was incompetent at shooting in addition to being incompetent at Identification. They are trying to keep this one from getting out, not even releasing names, though by stating shooting happened at 1400 block of Carriage Creek Drive, DeSoto, Texas, it is not hard to find out who owns that home.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/O...tally-Shoots-Son-DeSoto-Police-563941311.html

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/201...s-desoto-police-he-accidentally-shot-his-son/

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/l...-say/287-5616c486-c2ef-4f43-b568-f95b3bc722d0

https://www.fox4news.com/news/polic...on-who-he-mistook-for-intruder-at-desoto-home

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/10/26...njures-adult-son-thinking-he-was-an-intruder/
    At least the officer was already home safely... Wait, that's not how it goes.

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    One time in my early twenties I had some money I owed my mom but I didn't get off work until midnight, but I had a key to her house. So I opened her front door and was putting the money on her table in the entry way around 1230 at night. I heard a man saying " if you move you're dead" I said " holy shit Jim it's me Nathan" my mother's husband had heard me in the house and thought it was an intruder. He had a 12 gauge shotgun and had it pointed at my back in pitch black. if he had pulled the trigger he would have blown me in half. I got VERY VERY lucky he identified himself and then allowed me to identify myself because he had every legal right to blow me away and he didn't.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom