Off-Duty NYC Cop killed by friendly fire...

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Feb 17, 2009
Rockport
That is sad, even sadder that the issue of race is even mentioned at this time. Will be interesting to see what comes of this investigation...

+1 for everyone being safe out there

Texas42

TGT Addict
Nov 21, 2008
Texas
Why did they even mention the race thing here. It just seems so out of place.

"The shooting is likely to raise questions again about departmental procedures involving communications among plainclothes officers — particularly those in different units — as well as issues of race. Officer Edwards was black; the officer who shot him was white."

Does that mean that communications between different races of police needs to be different for different races. . . . separate but equal?

Sorry, I'm a little sensitive to the race mongering right now.

I feel very bad for the officer who died and his family.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I think the guy who shot him will be lucky to stay out of prison.

onac255

Mar 2, 2008
El Paso, TX
That's horrible.

Anyone else notice that six shots were fired and only two struck the officer? That to me says the shooter panicked and reacted by shooting the officer when he saw the gun.

So I believe that the officer who shot the other officer is at fault. However I do not think he will face any prison time.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
Jan 23, 2009
Ft.Worth
Very sad!:(

Where did the race thing come from???:confused:

I have read this article twice and still don't see where race would be an issue other than it took place in Harlem.

The last time I was in NY - Harlem was about 10 years ago but for the most part Harlem was pretty diversified as far as race. Some blocks were more one group than another but pretty well diversified.

Some times I wounder if the media throws out the race card to see how much stink they can stir up for a better story???

Big country

TGT Addict
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
Tis is as close to the NYPD badge as I could find.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members