• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    umm I have no Idea on the bar, but yes they can carry off duty. I've heard of some agencies requiring off duty carry don't know how true that is.

grato_86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    beeville
    Just to let ya'll know there was a incident the other night at the local bar... At the bar a man pulled a knife out on a off duty peace officer, and the off duty officer pulled a gun on the man with the knife???

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Just to let ya'll know there was a incident the other night at the local bar... At the bar a man pulled a knife out on a off duty peace officer, and the off duty officer pulled a gun on the man with the knife???
    Yse to have a cop that would stop by here a visit now and then. Often he would ask if I wanted to go to a bar because he and his wife like to get out now and then. Since I dont drink, I have no desire to be around a the bar crowd. He explained how going to local bars creates issue when people are there that he's arrested. That I could understand, and its why I believe one should Lead by Example.
    One day another friend of mine told me how that guy liked going to bars and running his mouth to people. Just before he is about to get his ass kicked, he would flash his badge!! Now thats a Punk!!
    He dont come around here anymore.

tad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    weslaco
    my 2 cents....carry even by a off duty cop IN a bar is a bad idea, especially if he has been drinking....no good will come of that.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    An off duty Dallas PD friend of mine was not allowed to carry into a Cowboy game. But that's a whole other thread.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    There was a big stink in Houston some years back because Six Flags Astroworld wouldn't let off-duty cops carry in the park.

OK under the law or not, drinking and carrying should not go together.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    From the Penal Code

Sec. 46.15. NONAPPLICABILITY. (a) Sections 46.02 and 46.03 do not apply to:
    (1) peace officers or special investigators under Article 2.122, Code of Criminal Procedure, and neither section prohibits a peace officer or special investigator from carrying a weapon in this state, including in an establishment in this state serving the public, regardless of whether the peace officer or special investigator is engaged in the actual discharge of the officer's or investigator's duties while carrying the weapon;

codeman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    TX
    Yes he can carry in a bar. 46.02 and 46.03 don't apply to peace officers.
    +1 I looked into this awhile back. LEO's are not restricted, even if they're drinking. They are however held to a higher standard and can loose there job and face criminal charges if their actions are inappropriate.

Top Bottom