• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    She was not fleeing so there was no reason for the pit maneuver.
    I assume the officer exercised personal judgement without receiving proper authorization for the pit maneuver?
    She will probably get a few million dollar payout, officer will get decked and some policy will change.
    Will there be riots? Arson? Looting? Cop killings? Why am I thinking "no"?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Well, here lies the problems I see. The lady will more than likely win her lawsuit against the city, for which either the city's insurance provider will end up paying, or the citizens of the city in higher taxes at some point.

The officer himself, will either be reprimanded, or at the very worst. allowed to resign and then hire on with another city's law enforcement agency. Which just moves the problem officer to another agency, rather than correcting the problem.

What solves these incidents are placing an officer on being personally accountable for their actions in such incidents, and firing them, and removing any and all of their peace officer certifications for a certain number of years.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Im guessing she didnt pull over because of the lack of width on the shoulder but once he pulled up next to me I would have just stopped anyway. If he wants to get smashed by a drunk driver than that is on him

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    84 in a 70?

Who's really at fault here?

I'm putting the blame on her

In no way am I saying she didn't deserve a ticket for the traffic offense, but his actions of endangering her life and possibly other drivers on the road for the infraction of speeding was unwarranted.

And I'll bet that he had already ran her LP before he committed to the action he did. So unless she was on someone's Top-Ten most dangerous criminals at large, he didn't have any reason for doing what he did IMO.

Some years ago, on a service call, I got stopped by a DPS trooper on Interstate 45, doing 88 in a 70 zone, and once I explained my actions, I was given a written warning and sent on my way.

AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx
    I have watched car chase videos that last 30 minutes or more due to late/ last minute Pit's
    This guy has never been in any of those chases

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Well, here lies the problems I see. The lady will more than likely win her lawsuit against the city, for which either the city's insurance provider will end up paying, or the citizens of the city in higher taxes at some point.

The officer himself, will either be reprimanded, or at the very worst. allowed to resign and then hire on with another city's law enforcement agency. Which just moves the problem officer to another agency, rather than correcting the problem.

What solves these incidents are placing an officer on being personally accountable for their actions in such incidents, and firing them, and removing any and all of their peace officer certifications for a certain number of years.
    You mean removing their civil immunity to lawsuit? How about background checks for cops so that they can't go on to another police force. I personally know of nurses that stole narcotics to be given to patients, were caught and fired, just to move onto another hospital and do it again.
    Lethal force for a traffic violation. Hard to believe.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    You mean removing their civil immunity to lawsuit? How about background checks for cops so that they can't go on to another police force. I personally know of nurses that stole narcotics to be given to patients, were caught and fired, just to move onto another hospital and do it again.
    Lethal force for a traffic violation. Hard to believe.

For extreme situations, yes, removing the civil immunity to a lawsuit. Yes, a background check might be another good measure as well. Might be a method that stops LE agencies from just passing the buck from one department to another.

I don't know if the ideas I suggest are realistic, or would even work, and I'll also counter with that the vast majority of LE officers are just doing a job to the best of their abilities, and those like the officer in this thread, are few and far between. But his actions bring a spotlight to all in LE, and make all LE officers look bad. So IMO, something needs to be done to stop this from continuing to happen.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Officers operating in gross negligence are not afforded immunity from liability. Operating outside of law and policy have always exposed officers to civil and criminal liability.

Our policy for PITs is 30mph or up to 40 with supervisor approval for us, and I would doubt their policy isn't similar.

Haven't watched the video so no comment on this officer's actions.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Top Bottom