• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I remember when a couple of pennies were shrink wrapped into the pack. Probably like putting a quarter in the machine and they only cost .23.
    Yep.

Dad smoked Pall Mall. Mom smoked Lucky Strikes...

They would send me down to the Barber Shop, two blocks down, for smokes.

If I recall (been 50yrs) there were three cents in each pack...?? I would then cross the street...and go to the candy store...

Imagine? Sending a SIX YEAR OLD brat to go fetch a couple packs of smokes...and allowing him to cross a busy street...all by himself.....today?

:roflfunny:
    Lynx Defense

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yep.

If I recall (been 50yrs) there were three cents in each pack...?? I would then cross the street...and go to the candy store...

Imagine? Sending a SIX YEAR OLD brat to go fetch a couple packs of smokes...and allowing him to cross a busy street...all by himself.....today?

I got dragged to grocery shopping before my parents wanted to trust me by myself every Friday night. My maternial grand mother went with us as she did not drive and lived the street over.

I pushed grandma's shopping kart, Grandma would finish way before my parents did. We would load the groceries in dad car, then go to the liquor store for her weekly case of Schlitz. Many a Friday grandma just sent me in for her beer and they never hesitated selling it. Winter grandma would keep a bottle a schaupps & whiskey around the house. They would sell that as well.

It was one of the places we would ride our bike up to, to get beer in junior high. I also had a buddy with a full beard in junior high that never got turned down buy what we wanted.

TNHoosier

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2021
    Monkeytown
    Yep.

Once I was old enough (6 y.o.) to cross the state highway, mom would send me to the grocery to get dad's carton of Camels for the week.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    1658013220122.png

Top Bottom