ft worth tx
    B500324C-06CB-420A-B3C0-38D54ADC6FC9.jpeg

TNHoosier

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2021
    Monkeytown
    OK, so I think I saw one of the videos posted somewhere on this forum but I can't find it. Anyway, though, here's the full story on this ridiculously awesome setup...Dillon Precision, which is the same Dillon that makes reloading equipment and (more relevantly) the M134 Minigun, decided to take an old M45 quad fifty mount and put four miniguns on it.

I want one. The article has multiple videos, plus some pretty good still photos of the setup.

The ultimate way to say "Get off my lawn'.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    OK, so I think I saw one of the videos posted somewhere on this forum but I can't find it. Anyway, though, here's the full story on this ridiculously awesome setup...Dillon Precision, which is the same Dillon that makes reloading equipment and (more relevantly) the M134 Minigun, decided to take an old M45 quad fifty mount and put four miniguns on it.

I want one. The article has multiple videos, plus some pretty good still photos of the setup.

I couldnt afford even a few seconds trigger time on that. Its probably 10 grand a minute to shoot that ammo wise.

What's that, 165 dollars a second worth of ammo. A couple 3+/- second bursts is a quick thousand bucks.

And that's with cheap ammo.

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    I couldnt afford even a few seconds trigger time on that. Its probably 10 grand a minute to shoot that ammo wise.

What's that, 165 dollars a second worth of ammo. A couple 3+/- second bursts is a quick thousand bucks.

And that's with cheap ammo.

plus who wants to shoot paper targets or lumps of dirt with that, you'll have to pony up for a junk car or three. probably a couple normal and a couple with some tannerite packed in for good measure. and if I'm going to play with mini-guns I'd want to play door gunner too while I'm at it so there's flight time in the helicopter (obviously not with that quad setup). It would be an expensive day but worth it and I'd have a blast.

Top Bottom